Eating before or after turbo fire

Options
What do you eat before to maintain energy and what do you eat after. I will prob be doing exercise late morning early afternoon. I'm not doing shakeology. I don't think I can afford it.

Replies

• FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have been using gnc lean shake mix. I buy mine on the military base and there is usually buy one get one half off going on and we use our membership discount (or whatever it is) its like 10 to 20% off. Its cheap. I usually drink one before a workout and between meals to keep my metabolism boosted. I like to blend mine with almond milk and frozen fruit with stevia. It tastes yummy! However, its just okay tasting mixed with water. I drink it anyways. If I eat food and dont wait several hours before a turbo fire workout I get really sick. I feel like I workout better with just a shake on my stomach.
  • tiffanyking_7
    Options
    I was reading about this very topic yesterday. The most consistent answer was to eat something very carby (healthy carbs like sweet potatos, oatmeal) 2 hours before an intense workout. The 2 hours is key! I gave myself an hour and 20 mins and ended up feeling like I was going to barf. Also, it's important to get some protein in you within 20 mins after an intense workout to feed your muscles and to prevent pain the next day. Hope this helps:happy: