water consumption?

Options
alanabanana01
alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
This is my question----do you think that drinking a lot of water helps your weight loss? How much water do you drink a day?
I see a lot of people supporting drinking a lot of water to help weight loss, but do you find that it makes a difference?

I am pushing it to drink my 8 glasses a day.

what do YOU all do?

Have a great weekend!
Alana

Replies

• lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've read it both ways but the most consistent information is to at least get your 8glasses. I have only gone 2 or 3 cups over that. Some people drink their weight in ounces and drink 15 cups a day but most places say that kind of thing is overboard. I really don't think you can hurt anything drinking a lot of water except the crazy extreme stories that nobody with any common sense would try. Drinking water is supposed to help you not feel hungry, stay hydrated, and keep your system flushed of toxins. I say as long as you are drinking the minimum do what makes you comfortable!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water does help me. 8 glasses of water a day is the recommendation for someone who weighs 128 pounds. The "ideal" consumption is half your weight in ounces. A lot of the time (especially among those of us who've never had a good relationship with food) thirst is mistaken for hunger causing us to eat more than we need to. As a general rule whenever I first feel hunger I drink at least 8oz of water if not more. If I'm still hungry after that I eat, if not then I know it was thirst. I try to drink a minimum of 15-20 cups of water daily (18 is half my weight). When I don't, I eat more food and I am more likely to give in to cravings. I also have less energy.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think if I reached for water instead of food when I though I was hungry, I would be a lot better off!
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    when i started out i drank alot of pop. so i was used to drinking my calories so to speak. slowly added in water and struggled with getting 8 cups in one day. so i stopped buying pop for the house, bought bottled water (16 ounce bottles) and got to drinking 8 in a day no problem. now i pretty much carry a 18 ounce water bottle everywhere and drink anywhere from 6-14 cups consistently. i have noticed it replaced my craving for pop and is helping me keep those calories for nutritional V8, milk or juice! and skin is getting better.

on a side note - after 8/10 cups i get chilled...lol....so maybe my body is using more calories to warm up that cold water in my body...(wishful thinking??)
  • LadyShadows
    LadyShadows Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it helps my loss at all as some days I feel bloated still. I usually drink mine with lemon slices and it is usually at least 10 cups a day I get in easily.