I've lost most interest...

Options
Mustang_Susie
Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
... In being intimate with my husband.
I still love him very much and want to please him but...
I remember reading an article about a menopausal woman saying she'd rather have a good cheeseburger than sex. :tongue:
I can so relate.
I am as dry as the Sahara and feeling like its just one more thing I need to do.
Sigh...
Anyone else relate?

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Hello?
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    yeah, loss of interest can be an issue - then add in the male side of aging......................... sigh
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy last May, have lost 25lbs over the past year, and my libido has greatly improved. I hadn't been that fussed for many years. Hormonal levels/changes/reactions are extremely individual. I also think there's a good deal of psychology involved. Having lost weight, I feel more attractive/desirable than I did. To me that has made a huge difference! My husband and I are both fitter than we've been in years and it all helps. Maybe my hormone balance is different because of the hysterectomy. I must admit, I get confused about the peri-menopause/menopause/hysterectomy thing.

I'm sure your doctor/pharmacist could help with suggestions for the dryness. Maybe some HRT might help - although I don't speak from experience. Don't accept your current situation if you're not comfortable with it. I'm proof that things can get better not worse.

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Interest is there to some degree but dryness and pain caused me to avoid sex like the plague. The premarin creme is helping some with that but not 100%.

I told my OB/GYN how come they spend all this money developing drugs to help with erectile dysfunction and they don't have anything to help menopausal women. No wonder old men marry younger women.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'd rather read a book. Nobody piques my interest, not my husband, not the most physically perfect man on the planet. I asked my doctor if there was ANYTHING to help with that. The answer was, of course, "no". There are products to keep it from being AS painful, but really it's just a painful chore. That stinks. :mad:
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying the opposite.

Although extra lube is often required my state of arrousal seems to be constant.

Try changing things up. Stockings, garters, heels, candle light, erotic literature and lots of imagination and toys if he doesn't object! A stolen kiss, his scent, touching an arm or leg just to remind yourself of what the two of you enjoy together and appreciate about one another!

I am trying the mind over matter approach to this peri-menopause/menopause thing!

All the best!

Karen
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    time to spice things up!!!! you can do it,,, get your hair done, facial, pedicures,,
    some sexy lingerie,, and get it back!
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I find myself hiding under my clothes. I've gain over 20 pounds in a year and horrible about myself. When I was 20 pounds lighter I would initiate things....now there better not be a light on. My weight has influenced my sex life a lot.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    time to spice things up!!!! you can do it,,, get your hair done, facial, pedicures,,

I have always done that but it no longer works. I can only describe it like this.....bear with me it's a silly analogy but I can't think of a better one.

I'm like my hair straighteners....they are plugged in but don't get hot.....the switches are there, the cable is there but the fuse is missing!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

I have always done that but it no longer works. I can only describe it like this.....bear with me it's a silly analogy but I can't think of a better one.

I'm like my hair straighteners....they are plugged in but don't get hot.....the switches are there, the cable is there but the fuse is missing!!

Yep!
    I need all the silliness I can get :bigsmile:
    The only one getting more "spicy" would be my husband... :noway:
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

That's a good analogy. It's as if (hormonally speaking) the fuse box has a blown fuse there. :frown:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    yeah, loss of interest can be an issue - then add in the male side of aging......................... sigh

This!
  • ambootcamp
    ambootcamp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Starting at about 1.5 years after my last period, sex became pretty much physically impossible - well, I was too young for that!! I went to my GYN and he put me on a estrogen replacement patch and ...waallaaa...life is good again :) You don't have to put up with this misery - I know everyone might not be able to do HRT, but for me, I feel soooo much better it is worth any risk (and I don't have any risk factors anyway). My hotflashes, which were horrible are just about gone - I think I have had about 3 in 6 months of being on HRT - used to have about 20 per day. I am so grateful for HRT :)