diet shakes and weight gain

Options
ftwmc
ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
Hi I've been on meal replacement shakes for a little over a week now and am putting on weight . Tried them 2 years ago and had the same result. My doctor is telling me to stay with them as the weight will come off. Anybody else had this experienxb?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have two thoughts:
    1) Is it muscle gain?
    2) If not, what is the nutritional values on it? You might be able to find a leaner version, or just take half of the shake.
  • ftwmc
    Options
    Thanks its not muscle ( unless its my stomach muscles) shakes have only 2 grams of fat total, 17 grams of protein and 150 calories have three a day gained 5 kilos in two weeks same happened last time. Stomach gets very distended and I loose my appetite after a few days .
  • ftwmc
    Options
    Weight is coming f this week, by he kilo actually. Must be some sort of fluid build up anyway all good now
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Weight is coming f this week, by he kilo actually. Must be some sort of fluid build up anyway all good now

Good to hear. My friend went on a shake diet and has lost nearly 30KG. I'm going on a paleo program, and up my workout frequency.
  • ftwmc
    Options
    Paleo diet worked well for me my trouble is cant always eat regularly with work so can go for several days on very low calories then have a few good days eating and bang on goes the weight. Least with the shakes it takes minutes to make a meal
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Paleo diet worked well for me my trouble is cant always eat regularly with work so can go for several days on very low calories then have a few good days eating

Actually, that sounds a lot like a Paleolithic diet...