weigh in

Options
Grumpyluci
Grumpyluci Posts: 5 Member
I did not lose, I actually gained. I am now 170! I am very frustrated. not sure what I am doing wrong. I will continue to exercise and eat less and hope that my body will start shedding this extra weight.

Replies

• heidibitz9
    heidibitz9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do not be discouraged You might have water weight lets make the next week be a amazing one. I lost 2.6 pounds which is a Blessing since I gained 20 pounds consecutively over the last three years lost some weight between only to gain it back. We can and will do this :)
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, go back through your food diary and see if there were any changes. Did you log EVERYTHING you ate, every bite? Don't give up. I lost 6lbs this week, I am so excited!
  • tirrelogston
    tirrelogston Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Last Weeks Goal: 204
    Saturday's Weigh In : 204 on the dot (happy dance!)
    Total Lost: 32.5
    Goal for next Saturday: 201-199

Crazy week. I actually ended up starting my week with a gain of 1.6 pounds. So I worked from 209.4 down to 204! It was hard work but I insisted that I would hit my goal and I hit it. I normal go for a 3 pound goal for the week but I am so close to seeing the one-hundreds again that I have an over achievement goal of 5 pounds this week. If I don't hit it I am okay with that as long as I still get my 3.

My latest goal is 170 by June 14 (Disneyland Trip)... That is 3.7 lbs a week. I little high but with my recent pattern I believe I can make it!
  • lifting_life
    lifting_life Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dropped 2 lbs since I started MFP! Hopefully I can drop 1 a week steadily.
  • Grumpyluci
    Options
    thanx! I actually did lose my first 10 lbs. , but now I am PMSing and I am feeling very bloated. I am not sure I will even get on the scales this week.
  • tirrelogston
    Options
    I hear you on that. The beginning of my week was crazy rough. Can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow morning *sigh*
  • Grumpyluci
    Options
    awesome!
  • Grumpyluci
    Options
    168! still? but then again I am feeling bloated due to PMS, so maybe I actually lost.Here's to hoping. ;-)
  • _chrysanthe_
    Options
    4 pounds since i joined two weeks ago! whoo hooo - I'm good with this number.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Bad me... I actually gained this week, up to 174, but I know from Thursday til this afternoon I was not eating well and skipped this yesterday's workout. I'm sure that I can undo the damage that I've done and be back on a positive note by our next weigh in. The good thing about this, I know why the scale didn't move in my favor, I'm not blaming anybody or wondering why. Now, it's just about me getting back on track and continuing the path that I have committed myself to do. Great job to everyone else last week!
  • tirrelogston
    Options
    Last Weeks Goal: 201-199
    Saturday's Weigh In : 201.5 Okay so I feel behind a bit :(
    Total Lost: 35
    Goal for next Saturday: 198.5 (and I may try to push harder just so I can burn off that 1/2 pound I am behind.)

So I am at a loss right now. I don't think I ate more and I don't think I worked out less. So not sure what happened this week. I have averaged 3.5 pounds a week for 2 months. I did have my bc changed and have felt "off" and that might be what happened but I refuse to make excuses. I guess this week I will have to step it up!

On a positive note... My final weigh in for my weight loss competition was on Saturday morning and I won first place!!!
  • channy70
    Options
    Late posting, but my weight on 4/20 181.8lbs, up by 0.8lbs:frown:
  • tirrelogston
    Options
    Last Weeks Goal: 198.5
    Saturday's Weigh In : 198.4
    Total Lost: 38.1
    Goal for next Saturday: 196

My scale is driving me crazy this week. In the first two days of the week I dropped 4 pounds. I hadn't changed anything, I just dropped. Then the next day I gained 2 pounds, but hadn't changed anything. All week I have struggled with dropping those 2 gained pounds and have only managed to lose half a pound. I even increased my workouts. I did have a horrible time sleeping and can only think that it is a lack of sleep.
  • channy70
    Options
    SW 187lbs
    GW for this challenge 167lbs

4/7 187 lbs
    4/13 181lbs (-6lbs)
    4/20 181.8lbs. (+0.8lbs)
    4/27 178.4lbs. (-3.4lbs)
  • mollymcaldwell
    Options
    I'm having a hard time. I lost 6 lbs the first 2 weeks but am back up 4. I am over eating snacks. I'm eating breakfast and lunch and am fine but by the time 3pm rolls around I am starving. I wonder if I should be eating more protein and fewere carbs. I seem to get sleepy and hungry on carbs. I don't know how to get over the afternoon snack hunger. And it is hunger, not just tiredness. Even when i eat above my calories though, I'm not eating enough over to justify that kind of weight gain so I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe I should get my thyroid checked? I lost weight before and it wasn't this hard.