"Check your heart rate" - Insanity question

Options
frankensteen
frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
Shaun T is always telling us to check our heart rates while we're working out, to make sure they're "safe"... but I was wondering what exactly that means?

I wear a Polar FT4 to do all my workouts, and my zone is between 130 and 170 bpm. I do find that I'm usually above 170 when I'm doing the main videos. I never typically go above 182 bpm. Is this okay?

He just yells it all the time and I was just curious to know if there are certain recommendations for HR while doing the Insanity program :)

Replies

• jez_4ever
    jez_4ever Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Shaun T is always telling us to check our heart rates while we're working out, to make sure they're "safe"... but I was wondering what exactly that means?

I wear a Polar FT4 to do all my workouts, and my zone is between 130 and 170 bpm. I do find that I'm usually above 170 when I'm doing the main videos. I never typically go above 182 bpm. Is this okay?

He just yells it all the time and I was just curious to know if there are certain recommendations for HR while doing the Insanity program :)

Wow, you must really be working hard to keep going over your max like that. I honestly very really go over and I feel like I'm gonna die sometimes :) I can't imagine always going over. At your age, I think 182 is pretty safe as long as you don't have any health issues. You're obviously very fit, so it should be okay. However, I'm no doctor, so you may want to ask someone with Medical advice. Good Luck!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    when i do insanity mine is usually at 178 during the times im really moving..it has got up to 180
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Sounds about normal to me, mines pretty close to that. :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right. My average is 145 with peaks in 180's