Life after knee replacement surgery

Options
MiniJudy
MiniJudy Posts: 7 Member
I am 54 years old. Beginning at age 17, I have been in/out of hospitals due to osteoarthritis - 8 back surgeries including 2 spinal fusions, and most recently had both knees replaced. There is permanent nerve damage in my arms and legs. Just now I am dealing with plantar fascitis. UGH! I have recently joined a gym and look forward to getting in the pool for exercise and also signed up for a no-impact exercise class. Too many years of too little exercise have made this gal squishy (as my grandson describes me) ...

Replies

• laurawalker357
    laurawalker357 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi , i had partial knee replacement 3 yrs ago, not any better and now other knee is useless. and i have spine probs too, i have ankylosing spondylitis , it affects all joints, back mainly and tendons i am 100 lbs over wt, and so ashamed and need to change my life , nice to meet others that have mobility issues .
  • laurawalker357
    Options
    oh i see you have plantar facieatas i do too and its a ***** ,so how in the hell am i suposed to do any thing back, knee and heel prob, pain when walking errrrrr, well i say i should just do the calorie restriction for now and wait and see
  • michelelightlecoggins
    Options
    Hello I too have had both knees replaced, and both hips twice. My last was in 2012 and I ended up with drop foot, My mobility is limited. I think I might look into Yoga, maybe I will feel better about myself if I an do a couple of yoga moves.
  • laurawalker357
    Options
    hello, i myself have had a partial knee replacement and since then nothing but problems , on top of that i have lower exxtreeeeem spinal pain due to a disease called ankylosing spondylitis. and yes i have the plantars facilitates to go with the disease , i get all steamed up about how we should be running walking when we can barely get around doing normal things. and we get judged, your fat because you dont exercise yada , yada, what ever. all we can do is try little baby steps. i maybe going back to overeaters anonymous, , i have a prob. with eating,. and also if we just strictly count our calories im sure well lose something , it happened to me last yr i lost over 20 from that alone. , but i have a horrible disease that makes me want to give up on every thing and i know that i cant or i wont be here long. i have a little one. and at 46 , unemployed , waiting for vocational rehab, so i can try to do a job that i can PHYSICALY do, is over whelming , im here to talk to for you and any one facing disability issues or chronic pain , or at least be a sounding board