Tuck Jumps

Options
cynpin34
cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
Anyone else feel like a total loser doing them? I dread them and know I am not getting the proper form...I'm in week 3. Do they get easier? Also, i land 'softly' but it still feels like a big ol' thud when I land on my toes.

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Do they get easier?

No :laugh:
  • LoganGuard
    LoganGuard Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hate them... I know I'm not doing them right all the time but I just try to do the best I can. Keep it up. At least your doing them.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Do they get easier?

No :laugh:

this!!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    They definitely don't get easier, but you'll be amazed at how many you can do as you continue through the program. By mid-Month 2, I couldn't believe that I was almost able to keep up with Shawn T on the tuck jumps. Just keep doing what you can and pushing yourself with correct form. Once your hip flexors and abs get strong enough, you'll be able to do more tuck jumps than you'd ever imagine. Keep at it!
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks LoganGuard and dsendre-motivation always helps.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I started just trying to do a couple. Then when Shaun goes up and says "C'mon, lets do 8", I would do those 8 with them. Then I found myself doing the next 8. Then I got to doing 20 at a time!! I'm still not at good as Chris....that guy's a monster, lol!! I'm sure I look silly, but I'm doing it and I never thought I could! Nice to prove myself wrong. :)
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Tuck jumps, power jumps - i hate them all! I can't keep up with the class! But I do them, and just at a smaller pace - and really focus on my breathing!