Stevia?

Options
I was wondering if stevia is okay on a keto diet? I'm not talking huge, or even daily, quantities, but perhaps a little to sweeten my coffee or whipped cream with berries?

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay...

I've been using it most days this week and have still been in ketosis according to my ketone meter. I've been using the Stevia Extract from Whole Foods that has a bit of vanilla in it. It doesn't say this on the front label...just on the back. It's been about the only type of stevia I haven't hated. I've used it to make fat bombs and hot cocao with coconut milk...pretty good!
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    From the common consensus I have seen, Stevia is actually one of the prefered sweetners as it is natural. As I am told a serving does count as a carb due to the anti-caking agent. It's the same for splenda, nutrisweet, sweet & low, etc.

I don't think that applys to liquid stevia, but I may well be wrong on that.

Check over on www.reddit.com/r/keto

Oh... I have been using KAL brand pure stevia extract powder for 2 months and have had no issues staying on Ketosis. YMMV.

HTH,

Jim
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Def a good option for ketosis. I get mine from Whole Foods. (Actually, they now sell an English Toffee liquid form that is so delicious with my Bulletproof Coffee!) Just remember that it does have some carbs. I limit my stevia intake to no more than 4 packets a day ~ 3 or 4 carbs max.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    By the way, the Stevia Extract from Whole Foods comes in a little dropper bottle as it's a liquid. The small bottle is $8.99. I've used it nearly daily for almost two weeks, about 10-12 drops a day and am not quite halfway through the bottle. They do sell a larger bottle, but I forget the price.

Even using it everyday, I'm still in ketosis...most mornings I'm registering around 2.4 mml in my blood...which I check with a meter. Pretty cool!