how about a biking event???

Options
scrook43
scrook43 Posts: 78 Member
Hey ladies, I just signed up for the amishland and lakes bike tour. I've never did a structured bike ride but it looks like beautiful scenery and lots of fun. Anyone interested. www.amishlandlakes.com I need an event to get me motivated again. Doesn't look like its gonna be a running event any time soon so I'm gonna focus on the bike this summer. It would be great to met some of you wonderful ladies.

Replies

• PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi Scrook, getting out of one's comfort zone to try something new such as a bike tour event is really brave and an excellent idea. It sure will be one way of getting back in the grove to find that motivation that you want again, too.:smile: I hope some of our group members live near that are able to join you in this event. Have a wonderful time and keep us updated.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Aw, I was just thinking just today about how much I miss biking. I used to bike alot when I lived in the States (in TN & MD/DC). It was always my absolute favorite. In Athens, it's just not meant to be. Maybe if I were single, but with kids...and traffic, I just can't see it happening. I don't even own a bike any more. They are going to overhaul the city in the next two years, to make it more bike/walk/jog/roller-friendly by eliminating downtown traffic and closing a large portion to traffic, open only to pedestrian/biking/etc and the tram. That'll be nice and my kids might be old enough to bike by then...so maybe "some day". Have fun! Cycling will certainly make you strong and keep you training, for when you get back to running again.
  • scrook43
    Options
    well as exciting as it would be to live in greece I would really miss being able to head out and run or bike wherever. Hopefully the overhaul will help
  • scrook43
    Options
    Pam- this is certainly out of my comfort zone. lol I have to stop to get a drink, I'm afraid if I reach down to get the water bottle I"ll crash. :) Hopefully I'll get more comfortable on it the more I ride.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    That is really cool scrook! I am not a biker and i live a little too far away being in virginia. But i hope you find someone to do it with you!l

Ash
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just thought to share that website with my brother. He lives in NoVa, but occasionally does serious weekend cycling journeys (like the length of the C&O canal path). I sent him the link and will wait to see what he says. :)
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Pam- this is certainly out of my comfort zone. lol I have to stop to get a drink, I'm afraid if I reach down to get the water bottle I"ll crash. :) Hopefully I'll get more comfortable on it the more I ride.

Scrook: Well, let's pray you have no crashes...heehee. I tried cycling with my dh and ds back in 2009. Me and bikes don't get along...lol. My wrists start hurting much to bad and I just didn't care for it as "exercise". My ds rides on average 3-4 days per week, whether permitting, and an average of 21-28 miles. We live on a rural highway which is quite hilly, too. He's been riding a bike since a little tike...heeehee.
  • scrook43
    Options
    from here on out,--how cool, humm maybe your brother will make the trip and pam trust me I don't clip in or take my hands off the handle bars. I am a total beginner on the bike but still find it lots of fun. I also live in the country, so rural roads and lots of hills is all I have.