Favorite Shoes!

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Glad there's someone else out there that appreciates the clown shoes! The Stinson Tarmac are actually surprisingly decent on trails- they certainly aren't as "grippy" but the reduced tread seems to make them mold around roots, etc. better than the Evos, which feel slightly stiffer. My feet supinate and I have femoral anteversion- femur set into hip "turned in" (probably the reason for supination lol) and I have historically had trouble with turning my ankle. Not with these babies!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Just finished my first half and want (/need) to treat myself to a brand new pair of running shoes.

I got a great pair of lightweight New Balance shoes in February and loved them, but I'm wondering what your favorites are/if you have any suggestions. I plan to keep a similar training schedule like I did for this half.

Welcome to any and all suggestions! Thank you! :)

If by "lightweight New Balance" you mean the NB Minimus (with a 4mm or 0mm heel to toe drop), I suggest you try Vibram Five Fingers! I use New Balance Minimus and Merrell Sonic Gloves in the winter, but once the snow melts, I plan to use my Vibrams (and barefeet) much more!
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    I'm an Asics gal myself. Love the Kayano series BUT do NOT like the Kayano 19s. Very disappointed in them so went back to the 18s. Even called Asics to tell them yuck. Just put 2 pair of 18s in rotation and bought another 2 pair to be prepared for the late summer/fall (marathon trainining!!). I'm hoping when they come out with the 20s in November they will be less soft. If not, I'm up a creek and will need to try another brand...saucony probably.