should I up or stay?

Options
faeriewings1
faeriewings1 Posts: 98 Member
Hi there,
I'm wondering if I should up my cals or stay the same?
To lose weight Heybales spreadsheet suggested I ate 1900 cals, Scooby suggests I eat 2100 and Fat2Fit suggests 2302, so I've chosen to eat 2000 for the last 3 weeks and my weight has remained steady (I worked myself up to 2000 from February with an initial gain of about 1 kilo).
So I'm wondering should I patiently wait for a loss or should I up and see what happens?
Thanks for your time
Dana

Replies

• linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm wondering if I should up my cals or stay the same?
    To lose weight Heybales spreadsheet suggested I ate 1900 cals, Scooby suggests I eat 2100 and Fat2Fit suggests 2302, so I've chosen to eat 2000 for the last 3 weeks and my weight has remained steady (I worked myself up to 2000 from February with an initial gain of about 1 kilo).
    So I'm wondering should I patiently wait for a loss or should I up and see what happens?
    Thanks for your time
    Dana

The spreadsheet, if you entered a decent estimate of bodyfat% is using Katch BMR as basis for math, and specific activity calculator.

Fat2fit is using the least accurate and inflated Harris BMR, so no surprise it's higher.

Scooby depends on if you used the Most Accurate calc and selected Katch and entered Bf%.
    Then picking a level that is close to what the spreadsheet may have come up with.

So don't eat higher to satisfy the inflated fat2fit value.

If you think you haven't reset enough or at all, move it on up to TDEE before you take a deficit.

Have you started a new exercise routine in that time too? If eating near TDEE, and good exercise, easily losing fat and gaining LBM, not enough time for more than ounces of muscle.

So are you trying to eat at deficit or TDEE right now.
  • faeriewings1
    faeriewings1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response.
    I have been trying to eat at a deficit and not yet at TDEE
    I have been doing the same exercise since January (Stronglifts and cardio on non lifting days)
    Okay, so I'll try to move it up to TDEE, 2223 according to your spreadsheet. Though I think I've been eating close to that for a while now. Could you recommend how long I should stay there?
    Once again thank you.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response.
    I have been trying to eat at a deficit and not yet at TDEE
    I have been doing the same exercise since January (Stronglifts and cardio on non lifting days)
    Okay, so I'll try to move it up to TDEE, 2223 according to your spreadsheet. Though I think I've been eating close to that for a while now. Could you recommend how long I should stay there?
    Once again thank you.

Group recommends 6-8 weeks depending on how abused your system has been in the past.

Is your cardio on the lifting recovery days calm enough to actually allow recovery and repair for the lifting, or so intense it prevents that and just adds extra load and stress?