returning to insanity and eating effective after sickness

Options
LizRodmell
LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
hello fellow insaniacs

i currently am at the start of week 4 round 2 of insanity. however i have come down with an awful flu virus.

i cannot eat as it either makes me vomit or feels like image having my throat slashed.. i am worried that when i start back on the insanity nutrion plan i will gain loads of my weight back as my metabolism will be rock bottom. and insanity nutrient plan you eat a lot of food :-\

i am keeping hydrated (despite the pain of swallowing) but i cannot keep anything solid or flavored down. it has been 3 days now. i estimate it will be day 5 i can start eating again.

so my questions are.

1) how do introduce food again. (just go back to plan as normal? or eat a lower calorie equivalent of the 5 power meals and gradually increase back to the set calories over the next week.

2) will i need to start again. i am only on moth 1....but the last week of it. will i be able to regain enough fitness in that week to face month 2? i have completed insanity before so i know how hard month 2 is.

3) what was your experience of been out ill. how long were you out? did it take you long to get back on it? did you gain weight after the sickness due to low metabolism?

sorry for all the questions. just don't know where i stand and i don't want to undo all that hard work.

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    however i have come down with an awful flu virus.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions soon. I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery ((hugs)) :flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    honestly, i think the only person who can answer most of your questions is you.

it really depends how you feel in a few days!

i dont know how fit you are to start with, as to whether you would need to start month 1 again, or maybe just do an extra week of month 1 once you get your strength back?

as for the food, again depends how you feel... as you get your appetite back, just eat accordingly. you shouldnt see a massive gain in weight, it iwll even itself out in a coupel of weeks.

one thing i would say is dont rush yourself back, rest is so important especially when you are doing a routine like insanity!