1st week down on EMTWL and frustrated....

Options
AllNewMelanie
AllNewMelanie Posts: 47 Member
I started this program a week ago and the first 2 days I lost 2 pounds and then slowly I gained it back and am where I started...why is this? Is this right?? How long should I be gaining before I see the scale going down? My measurements are the same but I do feel amazing. I have mor energy and I don't feel on a diet per say cause I'm able to eat more, but just curious if this sounds right and when things should slowly start working?

Replies

• marciabwls
    marciabwls Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My first 2 weeks I gained 3 lbs..Third week I lost 1.8 lbs..Don't give up... I feel so much better...It will come off.. Good Luck....:flowerforyou:
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    your weight can fluctuate daily anywhere between 1 - 8lbs but this is not fat.

1lb of fat is 3500 calories.

To gain 1lb of fat you would need to eat 3500 calories above your TDEE. I would recommend if you are going to weigh to do it every week or every 2 weeks. I'd only weigh in daily to monitor your weight fluctuation from day to day.

I am also on my first week and i'm not expecting any results till at least 4 weeks.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too and all I can say is PATIENCE. Never ending, on going, super abundance of PATIENCE!!! I have faith this will work. Keep your chin up and keep plugging along. Remember this is a life long marathon and not a race!! Good luck!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too and all I can say is PATIENCE. Never ending, on going, super abundance of PATIENCE!!! I have faith this will work. Keep your chin up and keep plugging along. Remember this is a life long marathon and not a race!! Good luck!
    100% this... this is a long haul, not a quick win.