Returning to NROL4W after being sick

Options
kr381806
kr381806 Posts: 55 Member
Hi everyone. I previously started New Rules in January and I completed all of Stage 1 and the first two workouts in Stage 2. I was on a roll, keeping routine, seeing changes, and loving it! Then, after starting Stage 2 I was sick and it turned out that I had mono. While I felt okay, my doctor was very serious about not working out--in risk of rupturing my spleen (even tho it wasn't enlarged at the time, just precautionary). I had a very mild case of mono, and after resting a week off from work felt 100% back to normal. I had my follow-up doc appt on Friday and he says that I'm all healed and good to work out again! :smile: :smile:

It's been about 6 weeks since I've been able to lift, and now I don't know where to begin. I don't think that I'll be able to jump right into Stage 2..but I don't want to repeat all of Stage 1 either. Do you think it would be okay to do maybe 4 workouts of stage 1, then return to stage 2?

My sister's wedding is in two months so I need to get back in the swing of things! :happy:

Thank you for your help!

Replies

• lazyjane75
    lazyjane75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think an abbreviated Stage 1 will be fine - especially because I think part of the reason that stage is so long is that it assumes you are still getting the hang of the lifting generally. Glad you are feeling better. Happy lifting!
  • kr381806
    kr381806 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input..I appreciate it! :smile:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I agree -- do a few Stage 1 workouts and see how you feel, then re-start Stage 2.

Now that I finished the NROLW program and started Supercharged, I don't get as hung up on the stages -- I love this program and will probably do it forever, so I don't worry about the exact timing of stages as much anymore.