Can I get some input?? TDEE, etc

Options
Hurley1203
Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
Hi everyone. I am feeling frustrated so I wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I've been reading the posts and everyone is so helpful. I started out a couple pounds lighter but I have actually gained the last week. I want to know if there is anything I need to adjust.

I am 39, currently 168 and 5'2. I have a desk job but have started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, so I am doing that 5 days a week. I put myself at lightly active.

According to Scooby, my BMR is 1488 and TDEE is 2046. With the 20% cut I am at 1637.

Does this sound right? Anything other suggestions? I am motivated, but I hate looking at the stupid scale. (I think I am actually going to have my husband hide it from me!)

Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I would try cutting 15% instead of 20% or change your activity level. Even though you have a desk job if you come home and cook, clean, and do laundry you may be lightly active before adding in your exercise. I would recommend making one of those changes and see how it goes for a week or two. Don't make too many changes all at once then you can't tell what works or doesn't.
  • Hurley1203
    Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    In addition this, do I eat back exercise calories or not? The whole concept is somehow lost on me!
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think cutting at 15% is better. Also I'm not sure how long your workouts are but if you exercise for mor than 3 hrs a week you should be at moderately active and do not eat back calories unless you net below bmr
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am feeling frustrated so I wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I've been reading the posts and everyone is so helpful. I started out a couple pounds lighter but I have actually gained the last week. I want to know if there is anything I need to adjust.

I am 39, currently 168 and 5'2. I have a desk job but have started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, so I am doing that 5 days a week. I put myself at lightly active.

According to Scooby, my BMR is 1488 and TDEE is 2046. With the 20% cut I am at 1637.

Does this sound right? Anything other suggestions? I am motivated, but I hate looking at the stupid scale. (I think I am actually going to have my husband hide it from me!)

Just started new exercise program. You can't even use the scale for anything meaningful for at least 3 weeks now.
    Your body is making huge improvements right now eating enough, and that rarely has weight loss as side effect.
    So wait it out.

Also, how many hrs in the Lightly Active level description?
    How many hrs of exercise is that routine weekly?

With so little to use, ditto's on the 15%.
  • harlychic
    harlychic Posts: 58
    Options
    I have 2 more workouts doing JMBR and I use moderate exercise because I only take on day off. I also have a desk job. If you use TDEE you dont eat back any exercise calories. Good luck I have gained muscle mass=1.8 pounds and lost fat mass=1.4 pounds.