totally binged last night

Options
nikky731
nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
I'm so mad at myself. :o(
I felt like I was starving before I went to bed last night. I'm not sure if it was because I didn't eat enough or if I ate too many crabs...
anyways, spent some time with hubby last night and then felt a bit hungry so I went a grabbed a little snack.....which turned into two buns slathered in butter, 5 girl guide cookies, and three crackers with peanut butter...and the last 30 lentil crackers-I couldn't leave any behind right??!
I'm gluten free, so I feel physically terrible this morning.

Anyways, so I guess I should just get back at it and start fresh today.
But I am still wondering if I am eating enough calories...or is this just par for the course-feeling hungry most of the day when you are trying to lose weight...is this just a feeling that your body gets used to?

sorry about the random vent....I'm glad I found this group-it's nice knowing I'm not alone! :o)

Replies

• wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try eating a little more? Maybe say up your daily caloric goal by 100cals, and see if you feel less hungry?

You shouldn't be feeling hungry all the time if you're eating at a reasonable deficit!
    Are you very active/do regular intense work outs?
    Are you stressed?
    Are you getting enough sleep?
    How are your energy levels?
    Have you been depriving yourself of certain favorite foods? Sometimes the more you restrict the more you want it! If going gluten free is a choice and not an allergy, then maybe it's not the right route for you? Gluten will not make you fat, a calorie surplus will!
    Could it be your macros? Some people feel full on fats, some on protein, etc! Find what works for you!

Also, learn to let go and move on! Translate that anger into action by making today a good one! Negativity is useless and only drains you out! Never feed negativity!!

Hope you're feeling a little better now (physically and mentally) <3
  • nikky731
    Options
    I think I need to up my protein/fat and lower my carbs. It's just hard doing that bc carbs are usually lower calories.
    My hubby also suggested more raw vegetables.
    I have a gluten allergy so I have to stay away from gluten or I end up with migraines, heart burn and fatigue. But when I binge I usually binge on gluten! lol
    Thank you for the advice and support. :o)

btw, what are macros?
    I hear people talk about macros, but I'm not sure what they mean.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I think I need to up my protein/fat and lower my carbs. It's just hard doing that bc carbs are usually lower calories.
    My hubby also suggested more raw vegetables.
    I have a gluten allergy so I have to stay away from gluten or I end up with migraines, heart burn and fatigue. But when I binge I usually binge on gluten! lol
    Thank you for the advice and support. :o)

btw, what are macros?
    I hear people talk about macros, but I'm not sure what they mean.

Macro-nutrients is your carb, fat, and protein ratio. These are the three primary ones, anyways. It's like... my macro nutrient goal is 20-25% protein. 40-50% carbs.. and 30-40% fats. Varies everyday though. Make sure you're getting enough of them all, and not totally skimping on one... If I go too low on carbs I'll get a headache and major cravings which often lead to binges. Balance is key<3... Hope this helps.
  • nikky731
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification. :o)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Firstly, are you being realistic with your weight goal? Whereabouts will it land you, on the BMI scale, for your height because 110 is pretty low unless you are 5'2 or under. Also, we tend to weigh more as we get older anyway, and it would not be realistic to aim for the same weight we were in our 20s.

I think 1200 is too low for 98% of people trying to lose weight. It is far preferable to go to a site like Scooby's workshop, work out your TDEE, and eat 15% below that, losing weight slowly and steadily, and avoiding the hunger and binges, than to fly headlong into a big deficit. All it will do is strip you of muscle, and make your metabolism less efficient, which is the last thing we need as we get older.

I also suggest, if you do not do this already, doing some strength/weight training as well as whatever cardio you do, to keep the muscle there. For the record, I am 5'10, 138 and have my net set at 1480 to lose 1/2 Ib a week. The less you have to lose, the smaller the deficit should be.