Paleo diet hmm

Options
I feel like im going to get alot more tired without grains or dressings. Is anyone taking suppliments or doing this? Has it worked for anyone? Need some real people with real answers, tips and advice :)

Replies

• paleoprincess88
    Options
    How long have you been eating paleo? When I first started I was exhausted for about a week, then I began sleeping better than I ever had before, which gave me a ton of energy.
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Exactly what paleo princess said. The first 1-2 weeks where I literally "detoxed" from grains and sugar I felt not great. Then it clicked! I have been eating paleo for almost 2 years. Whenever I "go off" and indulged it is clear to me that I WAY better eating this way. My stomach actually hurts and gets REALLY bloated when I eat grains and sugar.

I actually need to eat low carb to lose weight well but most people can eat plenty of carbs on paleo and do well. So just experiment and find out what works for you.

What do you mean by dressings? I use olive oil and make my own and buy some natural creamy dressings from Whole Foods on occasion to change it up.
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes the first week can be challenging with energy dips/moodiness (from coming off the processed stuff mostly), but you get plenty of carbs from veggies (and some fruit). Dressings can also be loaded with sugar, so it's best to make your own so that you know what's in them.

You might want to try a Whole 30 to "ease into" the whole process/philosophy/lifestyle. The folks at whole9life.com have a lot of great resources and information on the whys and hows.

Real food rocks!

The only supplements I take are a regular multivitamin and fish oil.
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    What is crazy about real food, all non processed is that after you are eating it for awhile... when you try something processed tasted NASTY. You get used to quality too.
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Exactly!