Yogi Newbie!

Options
MsPris12
MsPris12 Posts: 7 Member
Hi there,

I joined MFP last year but haven't really been browsing the forums and groups, better known as the 'Community'

I have 2 JRT's who are my motivation, inspiration, and my life (silly fur-babies) Warm weather has joined us once again, looking forward to incorporating both pups into my daily activities to get more fit.

I have been a runner, a gym rat, a power walker, and lazy butt. But my current 'dig' is Yoga. I love how I feel after, I love how I break into a major sweat but feel like I'm barely working out, I love the calmness of it. Since starting my practice in the mornings, I look forward to getting out of bed in the mornings, because I know I get to enjoy 'my' time.

I look forward to being able to practice more intermediate and advanced poses, to bring a greater calm to my life, and to generally be more at peace with myself and life that surrounds me.

Anyways, I look forward to reaching my goals (Current one is to look HOT at my Brother's wedding this August) and hearing about all of you guys reaching yours!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you're here.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I know this is super late but ME TOO! I have been an avid runner for 15+ years with mixing in some crossfit and home workouts. I recently have been diagnosed with bulding discs (L4/L5) so running/elliptical/weight training is out for now. I started Bikram yoga Dec. 2011 and fell in love! It was getting expensive so I decided to try vinyasa/power yoga and fell in LOVE AGAIN! I go 4-5 days a week and it's amazing how much I can love a workout in which I don't go anywhere after years and years of being on the go!

Feel free to add me if you want a fellow yogi friend :)