New member checking in

alkinney484
alkinney484 Posts: 4 Member
Hello, everyone. My name is Abby, member #60. I too have pretty severe issues with night binging, often adding over 2000 calories to my otherwise good day in the span of about 30 minutes.

I graduated high school at 220 lbs (about 100kg or 15.7st), but once I moved out of my parents' house, I started slowly changing my lifestyle. I lost about 60 lbs in 3 years, and struggled with the last 15-20 lbs for another 3 years. Late-night snacking was the culprit keeping me from my goal weight, I knew, but my anxiety is directly tied to my food addiction, and the physical sensation of being hungry triggers anxiety in me thanks to childhood conditioning.

Just before Christmas, my partner lost his job. He's the breadwinner of our little family, and big time. It's also bringing back bad memories of my father's habitual unemployment, which is always rough on a kid. The night snacking has turned into night binging, and my weight has shot back up from 160-165 to 180-185 in 3 months and seems to be climbing. So the weight gain creates even MORE anxiety, so... AAARGH!

Anyway, this was probably too long for an introductory post, so I'll save some for the boards. Thank you for creating this group.