Finally- progress, once I figured out my problem!

Options
greenmeena
greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
Hi all!
Let me say that I am so glad I found this group...

So, I stumbled across the concept in December after finding the Road Map. I did a reset, and was doing great, but finding I was relying heavily on processed foods and leaning too much on sugar. Despite the fact that I was (am) lifting heavy (NRL4W), my inches were not budging, much less the scale. I was getting so super frustrated. I had cut... then I tried a longer reset... I watched my macros...

Anyway, I decided to try a cleanse, to eat super clean, so I started the Whole 30 plan which is a super clean Paleo month long trial to help kick sugar and so on. Most people start feeling amazing by week 2. I felt worse! Long story short... I did some more research, and found that I likely am suffering from fructose malabsorption (FM). Upon reading, I noted that it can interfere with weight loss, and cause all sorts of metabolic problems. Which I had certainly, as I'm a life long IBS sufferer. It magnified my symptoms, initially.

Well!! Now that I am in the fourth week of Whole 30, and follow the FODMAP diet to eliminate things that trigger reactions, I am finally seeing progress! A lot of what was going on was carrying intense water weight and gas bloat. I was so miserable and confused. After 3 days I lost 5 inches off my belly (that's GOT to be gas and water!) and I felt significantly better.

Woot!

So hey moral of the story, if for some reason things are *not* working for you, research. See a Dr. Eliminate some foods, follow a cleanse (I highly recommend Whole 30, they keep athletes in mind!) and make some changes.
yayayaya!!!!

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome and congratulations!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's got to feel great! I hope I solve my mystery soon too!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Great find.

I think all of us could probably find that food that is a tad too stressful to our bodies, or is at least stressful enough when we already eat at deficit, perhaps do more exercise than needed, and life.

Just takes one straw on that camel's back. Might as well take care of the one's we can.

Unless it's M & M's, then there is nothing to take care of. ;-)