AMRAP

Options
Which sadist invented these?! :-D Just did the AMRAP Workout A from Stage 1 and it was a killer! Mind you, I did find that I got bored with all the squats so was obviously a bit low on my starting weight as I managed 100 before stopping! In contrast I struggled with the press ups but then again I've always struggled with them. Did anyone else experience such dramatic discrepancies? The others were more even improvements although I seem to have done even numbers of reps for each, setting goals and pushing myself to meet them. I didn't really work to total failure but could barely move at the end!

Workout B tomorrow ... gulp!

Replies

• daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do my AMRAP from Workout A, stage 1 tomorrow. And i was curious to see if it was even worth it! But from your comments I guess you got a good workout from it. I'm scared of moving on to Stage 2 and learning the new workouts!
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well I've done Workout B - struggled with the upper body again (shoulder lifts) similar to Workout A - but had great improvements for legs and back. Has anyone else experienced this imbalance?
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the amraps in stage one. From what I understand, TD basically jut to prove to yourself that you gained strength. And I knew I did so I just moved on:)

Chocolate....not sure if I understand your question right but my lower body is MUCH stronger than my upper body! I would like to think that's normal and that with time it will even out more?
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Same for me! My lower body is a lot stronger than my upper. I had the greates improvement in my lower body.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of stage 1 and I agree, my thighs feel like freaking steel. I had my coworker touch one when I was flexing and she said "OMG it feels like I'm poking a bone". While I have noticed significant improvements in my upper body (I can feel my pecs developing, my biceps are firmer) I'm not noticing the radical differences that I am in my lower body.
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did the AMRAP today... I realise it's meant to be AMRAP before failure but my workout was more like AMRAP before I got bored... oh my gosh how dull... squats I got to 77 and felt I could keep going for years so I just gave up! LOL :laugh:
  • becca2911
    Options
    I didn't do the amraps in stage one. From what I understand, TD basically jut to prove to yourself that you gained strength. And I knew I did so I just moved on:)

Chocolate....not sure if I understand your question right but my lower body is MUCH stronger than my upper body! I would like to think that's normal and that with time it will even out more?

Yeah I'm skipping 1B AMRAP
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Which sadist invented these?! :-D Just did the AMRAP Workout A from Stage 1 and it was a killer! Mind you, I did find that I got bored with all the squats so was obviously a bit low on my starting weight as I managed 100 before stopping! In contrast I struggled with the press ups but then again I've always struggled with them. Did anyone else experience such dramatic discrepancies? The others were more even improvements although I seem to have done even numbers of reps for each, setting goals and pushing myself to meet them. I didn't really work to total failure but could barely move at the end!

Holy crap! What weight was your starting weight that u can do 100?!?
  • becca2911
    Options

Holy crap! What weight was your starting weight that u can do 100?!?

I got to 77 and got bored. I agree my starting weight was too low. That weight on my back today felt about as easy as body weight squats. I started with 45lbs
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Gotcha. I think I started with 95 (have to check my paper) which isn't super light but def easy for me- but I imagine I won't be able to push out more than 25ish