Equipment

Options
Hi all,

I've just ordered Nrol4W and will be starting in 2 weeks time. I don't have access to a gym so will be doing all my workouts at home. Sorry if this has been posted before but I looked on the forums (and on google) and couldn't find the info.

What equipment do I absolutely need at home to do this? And what extra would help but maybe isn't completely necessary? And what range of weights should I have?

Really excited to get started having read so many of the threads here :smile:

Replies

• MaraPN
    MaraPN Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Somebody posted this list. You wont need everything right away, but to complete all 7 stages at home this is what it takes.

* Olympic barbell: 7ft. long bar weighing 45lbs.
    * Full set of barbell plates, including 2.5lb. plates
    * Full set of dumbbells, ideally in 2-3 lb. increments
    * Squat Rack (I'm not kidding, you'll need one)
    * Incline/Decline Bench
    * Step Platform with multiple risers; or you could just use the bench but due to the padding it's not as stable. But hey, you're working your core (balance) more!
    * Swiss Ball, also know as a stability ball or exercise ball
    * Chin-up/Pull-up bar (used in Stage 6 which is optional)
    * Adjustable Cable Pulley Station: the author does provide limited alternatives if you don't have access to this apparatus but then goes on to list reasons why the alternatives are flawed.
  • amypatriciawoods
    amypatriciawoods Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks a million. I found the other thread *just* after I posted this! At least I can build up gradually :smile:
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great list!

Also saw this...good starter list - " I ordered: 7' Olympic barbell (with 110lbs worth of weights to start), bench (declines, inclines etc..), Rack, swiss ball, bowflex select tech dumbbells (up to 52.5lbs)... and a multilevel step.. think I covered it for now? The most expensive item was the dumbbells lol"