Socks

Options
doIlhands
doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
Do you run in your normal everyday socks or proper running socks?

Im considering buying some thorlo socks as my next treat to myself but am hesitating because of the price ($14 a pair- yikes!). I've been running in cotton socks and haven't gotten any blisters yet *knock on wood* but my ankles slip around in my shoes and my feet have started hurting now that I have gotten into my longer runs. Im thinking padded socks might help with my problems.

If you run in running socks do you find they make a big difference in your runs?

TIA!!

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I bought some 2XU compression socks and they have been one of the best things I ever bought for running. They are great if you get calf tightness/pain but pretty pricey for socks. Before that I ran in basic Adidas socks from Costco (synthetic socks) and some Thorlo socks I found at Marshalls for $7 or $8. I really like the Thorlo's and wear them quite a bit for going out shopping, hiking, or my indoor workouts.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Ironman Wigwam socks ($14/pr). They are a test pair to see if expensive "specialty" socks are any different. I plan on trying a few pairs of socks in different price categories to see if I notice a difference.
    They are a really nice pair of socks. My feet are comfortable, dry and no chafing. Before these, I was using old sports socks, which were also comfortable but a bit warm.