Weightlifting gloves for women

Options
tsikkz
tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
Anyone have any recommendations for weightlifting gloves? I know underarmour makes nice ones for women but I saw a pic on instagram of them all ripped up after one use

What gloves do you guys own and do you recommend them?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I've been using reebok ones from target for several months and they've held up fine. My callouses still hurt though, so I've been thinking about trying a new brand.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Mine are Nike which I picked up at TKMaxx. I had some pretty rough callouses but the gloves are nicely padded and my callouses are barely noticable now.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I use harbinger. Love 'em.
  • Emtabo01
    Options
    Oohhh, those harbinger ones look great, I think I'm going to try a pair of those.
  • tsikkz
    Options
    I picked up a pair of the harbinger flex fit women's gloves at sport check today.. Thanks for the recommendations guys! :)
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Gotta say I love my weightlifters hands, shows I've been working hard lol
  • tsikkz
    Options
    Gotta say I love my weightlifters hands, shows I've been working hard lol

It got to the point where I couldn't pick up a dumbbell without experiencing pain. I lift heavy and damn proud of it!

Anyway used my gloves twice now and I love them I got them in a womens large because I'm built like a box but maybe next time I will get mens small or medium gloves but most women don't have hands like mine.

I found it weird that the harbinger ones were the only ones at sport check that had padding along the top of the palm, under all the fingers, the other womens ones just had the pointer and middle finger padded which is weird because i think the worst callouses are under the small fingers.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yup my worst ones are under my 2nd and third fingers, not heavy enough for it to hurt that much yet, but I'll get there
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Since you all have these gloves I was wondering if anyone could message me if theirs are NOT made in china? Thanks so much! I'm looking for a pair but it's hard to find things sometimes :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I use Versa Gripps
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i'm cheap :) - i use my "used" dirtbike gloves / street bike gloves - i just cut the tips out of the fingers.
    riding gloves are great b/c they are usually (if not cheap) made of durable material, that would withstand a crash (palms down)...
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bumping to look into the suggestions given
  • tocara
    tocara Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am a massage therapist... cant have the rough stuff! lol... thanks for the topic, i need to pick up some too since i started lifting weights a month ago
  • Emtabo01
    Options
    I just bought some harbinger ones, and in my opinion they run small, just for an fyi
  • amiaow
    amiaow Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a new pair of Harbingers too, they are nice and light and they are pink, can't go wrong :)
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Femme Fetale gloves. They look girly but are comfortable and durable.

http://www.femmefitalefitness.com/
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Harbinger. Last forever.

I tend to get the men's medium.
  • Chicrider
    Chicrider Posts: 17
    Options
    I now only use my Versa Gripps which can be bought online. I have torn apart so many pairs of normal gloves that i finally made the switch to my current ones. They are much different looking that traditonal gloves but let me tell you they allow me to life alot heavier inthe gym. I suffer from issues with weak wrists so the versa gripps really help out with that.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new pair of Nike ones. The material is fake leather which Ilike much better than the old Nike cloth ones I had. Should wear better as well.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I have harbingers too, but I can't remember the last time I wore 'em. I just have calluses. I remember it was difficult to find some small enough for me. Wish my hips took after my hands!!