Biggest Victory So Far?

Options
BekaSteele
BekaSteele Posts: 25 Member
What has been your biggest victory since you started GetFit2013?!

Replies

• jromero04
    jromero04 Posts: 15
    Options
    For me it has neen eating heathier, notice how I said healthier, not healthy. :) This is the first step to losing weight for me so I am proud of myself.
  • jaimefaulkner
    Options
    My biggest victory was giving up sweets for Lent. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and didn't think I could do it. But I did. And for health purposes, it worked out nicely. Now I need to manage them back in my diet...
  • mbanes
    mbanes Posts: 10
    Options
    I would say my biggest victory has been drinking 8 glasses a water EVERY day! This sounds easier than it is-trust me:smile: I have to measure and keep track of how much I've had to make sure I get at least 8 glasses in. I believe it has helped in my weight loss though-so It's worth the work :happy:
  • BekaSteele
    BekaSteele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! Keep it up :)

These are great reminders that being healthy is about so much more than a number on the scale.
  • protego
    protego Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a little late responding to this one, but I am starting Week 2 of the P90X workout series and Week 3 of no soda! Starting and sticking to an exercise plan (especially one that requires 6 days in a row) is big for me and that is what it is all about!! :happy:

It helps that my husband is doing P90X with me! He is definitely the one that keeps me going and having a partner makes it quicker, easier, and more fun!

I just had to get past the embarrassment I know I felt when someone else saw me workout.. the extra roles that appear during crunches... No? just me?? I just think to myself, at least I look better than someone sitting on the couch! - Kortnie Huffman
  • dot23scott
    dot23scott Posts: 29
    Options
    The "Doh!" moment I had while talking to a coworker a few weeks ago. Just because I exercise, I can't take the license to EAT all those "added" calories that MFP 'gives' me. Geesh, no wonder I'm only at 9# weight loss. Now I'm really, REALLY thinking about everything that goes in my mouth, and still logging everything down to a single bite of something. I have not and will not give up my ice cream, but I sure am willing to consider giving up Ben & Jerry's or Baskin Robbins for 170 calories of creamy vanilla lusciousness at McDonald's. And the ice cream cones are only 59 cents, so even better for my financial fitness!

I have found myself leaving food on my plate at lunch, or taking home portions - much more often than I used to.

Last, I still got breadsticks the other day at Pizza King, but I only ate 2 (of the 5 or 6), and with my chef salad I got, was full. I didn't even eat the whole salad.

Small steps. Hoping they had up to bigger numbers on the scale!