Not logging calories for first time in 2 months!!!

Options
Tuesday4422
Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
Ok, I know it sounds crazy....but I eat more when I log my calories. :( I'm not trying to lose much more weight....maybe a few more pounds. But mostly trying to build muscle, lose fat and tone up. I work out 5 days a week and need to cut back my snacking. I'm noticing that counting calories throughout the day...all I think about is food and how much more I can eat. Silly but true. I'm going to quit logging for a week and see what happens. I will continue to log my weight and excersize....need that to help keep me held accountable. :)

I know there isn't much discussion that will come from this, but it helps just typing it out and sharing.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Replies

• fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's funny how different we all are. I can see where you are coming from, but I am just the opposite. I log when I want to lose. Good luck with your experiment!
  • Tuesday4422
    Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. We shall see. :)
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am having the same revelation about eating more when counting calories. But I've stopped counting calories for the first time in over a year. Yikes!

I realized that I would snack because calories allowed it, or I would eat a dessert after dinner, even if I wasn't hungry, because I had "left over" calories. Just because I was curious, I went back and logged what I ate yesterday, and it was about 300 calories less than I typically logged. And at no point did I feel hungry or like I was depriving myself of food. I ate when I was hungry, and as much food as I felt I needed. Really trying to re-learn how to listen to my body's cues.

I'm also obsessing less over food, too since I've stopped logging. It feels great. We'll see how this continues to go.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm with fitnessbugg, but it's more to track my carbs. I also stopped adding in my exercise calories, so I don't see them and think I can eat more!!
  • domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Paleo is freedom from counting. I only log my food when I plateau.