Non-fitness motivations

Options
jdm0804
jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
Hey everyone! I was just thinking about how energetic I've been lately, because I just made a bunch of new friends on here, and that really makes me excited! Community is a wonderful thing, and being involved in it can be very inspiring!

What are some non-fitness related things that get you excited to be involved in fitness type stuff?

Replies

• ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Same here I suppose. It's very exciting to have the friends that I have and seeing how well their doing. It motivates me to keep pushing through. Having people believe in me and I in them, It's just great all around.
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm really pushed by MFP - people on here are not only encouraging but full of useful tips and information! Because of this site, I know now about how much I should be eating, the benefits of strength training, and also the importance of macros! I knew nothing about dieting before I was here, and now actually it's not even really dieting. It's a lifestyle choice!

My other motivation is my wardrobe. I can just about fit into most things in it now, the last time I could was 2007. I'm so so close to them fitting perfectly, so now I'm determined to push extra hard for that last bit and then really enjoy the summer without feeling self-conscious.

My journey has made me love myself and my body, which I never did really before. I\m doing things now that I could never even imagine doing and I'm strong - which is awesome! I can see all these changes in myself and i know that i'm responsible for them. It's so nice to feel good about myself for a change, and it also affects other aspects of my life too - like my studies are going really well, i have so much more energy, and more backbone as well!
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Im with all of the above! The people on here are amazing! They will listen when youve had a bad day, there are no critisms if you go over your limits... and everyone is a bit nuts (trust me, it's the biggest comfort there is!)
    I feel as though I am logging everything accurately, and it doesnt take a lot of fuss and flicking through books etc! I have even got my Mum on board this week, one more motivation for me!

Im due to go on holiday in 3 weeks. I want to feel proud in my bikini and feel like the pretty, toned girls you see... the best part about it is know I could actually look that way. Yes, I have had to give up cake and fast food, but I think it will definitely be worth it when I look how I want to! :D