Week 4 Goals, Motivation and Results!

Options
lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
So, we're getting close to 1/3 of the way through! After this week there will only be 2 months left so we need to kick our butts into gear.

From now on focus is on both diet and exercise! ALWAYS drink plenty of water. More if you are sweating lots (which I hope you are) ALWAYS eat loads of veg.

So Week 4 Goals:
Monitor your cholesterol - no more than 300mg per day
Monitor your sodium - no more than 2500mg per day

Anyone who hasn't yet, start the 30 DAY SQUAT CHALLENGE! There is a separate board for this in the group so go have a look. It is very simple and just involves a few minutes of squats each day and it has great results so give it a go :)

Get BURNING! I want to see a minimum of 4000 calories burned for the week!
Move Daily - make sure you get out and get moving every day, even on your rest day!

Evening Bodyweight exercises:

Sit ups - whatever your favourite move is.
Pressups - normal and V-Pressups. (picture below)
Inner Thigh Pulse (picture below)

35i3os2.jpg
24nhd84.jpg

I've done some research into weight loss over 3 month periods and the best results come from high calorie burns, 2 daily workouts and clean eating. Even if you can't fit in a second workout in the day, these exercises don't take long and will definitely show results after a while. Aim for 3 sets of 25 reps of each.

So, a little summary:

Monitor cholesterol
Monitor Sodium
30 Day Squat Challenge
Burn 4000cals this week
Move daily (walk, yoga, anything)
pressups, situps and thigh pulses exercises each day

We can do this people :)

Replies

• L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is so organized and well put together
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Weight training is crucial. Cardio is a fantastic fat burner but weight training keeps on burning fat long after the workout is finished. Nothing like strength training for a beautiful body.

I will be staying with an approx. 2000 calorie burn each week. This works well for me. This week we are adding cable weights and core workouts to my routine. Cardio is achieved with biking and stairmaster.
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great challenge :smile:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Weight training is crucial. Cardio is a fantastic fat burner but weight training keeps on burning fat long after the workout is finished. Nothing like strength training for a beautiful body.

I will be staying with an approx. 2000 calorie burn each week. This works well for me. This week we are adding cable weights and core workouts to my routine. Cardio is achieved with biking and stairmaster.

I agree. My weight never seems to go down, but at least with strength training I see the inches disappear!
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I need to kick it up this week! I will try my best to get to the 4000 calories burned.

I am in a competition that my Personal Trainer is running and first place wins $500. It ends on the 28th so it really is time for me to kick it into high gear and finish strong!!!!!!!!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I need to kick it up this week! I will try my best to get to the 4000 calories burned.

I am in a competition that my Personal Trainer is running and first place wins $500. It ends on the 28th so it really is time for me to kick it into high gear and finish strong!!!!!!!!

What do you have to do to win the competition? Good luck :)
  • zentha1384
    Options

Thanks! The competition started the beginning of the year. It is point based.

We earn 1 point for going to our weekly training session (I have made it to everyone so far)
    We earn 1 point for turning in an accountability sheet (Again I have done one so far every week)
    We can earn an extra point for doing good with nutrition and fitness. (Not sure how I am doing here)
    Then last and most important, we earn 5 points for every 1% body fat we lose. (At the beginning of the month I was at 5.5% body fat lost.)

1st place wins $500 and a month free training
    2nd place win a photo package and a month free training
    3rd place wins a spray tan and a month free training

Fingers crossed!!!!
  • lizz2013
    Options

Thanks! The competition started the beginning of the year. It is point based.

We earn 1 point for going to our weekly training session (I have made it to everyone so far)
    We earn 1 point for turning in an accountability sheet (Again I have done one so far every week)
    We can earn an extra point for doing good with nutrition and fitness. (Not sure how I am doing here)
    Then last and most important, we earn 5 points for every 1% body fat we lose. (At the beginning of the month I was at 5.5% body fat lost.)

1st place wins $500 and a month free training
    2nd place win a photo package and a month free training
    3rd place wins a spray tan and a month free training

Fingers crossed!!!!

That sounds amazing! We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you :)
  • thepinkpacker
    thepinkpacker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok awesome challenge this week:

On the move already:

Monday: 30 minutes running and 1 hr upper body weight training!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Somehow I lost some of my oomf this week and have been feeling a bit disillusioned with it all. Not sure why, but trying to get things back on track today and make the most of the rest of the week. Feeling stronger and hoping for another 1/2 inch off my waist. Plus, got the body tracking by the gym on Friday! nervous.

Any suggestions or requests for exercise/ nutrition focus for next week?
  • lizz2013
    Options
    So that's the first month over for me! It's been a tough month and I"ve really worked hard on fixing my eating habits and exercising a lot more. When I woke up this morning and saw a gain on the scales I was really broken. I can't feel that much difference in the way my clothes fit, and the scale is certainly not on my side. It seemed totally hopeless tbh.

Then I went to the gym and had my monthly measurements taken. I've gained the same weight of muscle that I have lost in fat. So effectively the fat has turned into muscle (although we all know that can't actually happen) I've lost 2.6% body fat, which is 15% of what I want to lose in total.

I still need to work on my diet, eating less and the right things, and I need to up the cardio and keep it consistent. But Finally I know that what I am doing is definitely working.

How is everyone else doing? Look out for the week 5 goals board!
  • zentha1384
    Options
    I finally had some weight drop today! I have been fluctuating between 180.4-186 all month and I was really frustrated considering i was 180.6 at the end of march. Today 179.6. YAY! I don't remember the last time I was this weight. According to my medical chart from my clinic I was 188 in dec 2002. This was after my first semester of College. So I probably haven't been this weight since before my high school graduation!

Even though I didn't have my weight change much over this month I have notice a distinct difference in how my clothes fit. This past week I wore size 12 pants to work, I was in a size 14 when i was 14 so I have NEVER been this size my entire adult life!

When I finally put my foot down and started my weight loss journey I was in a size 22W from Lane Bryant (which I have always felt the sizes run a little big). And to be perfectly honest buttons were ready to burst and I should have gone up a size but I was determined not to. So officially I have lost 10 sizes!

I still plan to do some today (probably won't make it to 4000 but I still feel I did pretty good) and my new week will start tomorrow but so far
    Calories burned: 3014

Tomorrow is the final check in for my competition. I will get weighed, measured, and have my body fat % done. I won't find out who won but I feel I have a good chance. I will post my before and after pictures when I get them :)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I finally had some weight drop today! I have been fluctuating between 180.4-186 all month and I was really frustrated considering i was 180.6 at the end of march. Today 179.6. YAY! I don't remember the last time I was this weight. According to my medical chart from my clinic I was 188 in dec 2002. This was after my first semester of College. So I probably haven't been this weight since before my high school graduation!

Even though I didn't have my weight change much over this month I have notice a distinct difference in how my clothes fit. This past week I wore size 12 pants to work, I was in a size 14 when i was 14 so I have NEVER been this size my entire adult life!

When I finally put my foot down and started my weight loss journey I was in a size 22W from Lane Bryant (which I have always felt the sizes run a little big). And to be perfectly honest buttons were ready to burst and I should have gone up a size but I was determined not to. So officially I have lost 10 sizes!

I still plan to do some today (probably won't make it to 4000 but I still feel I did pretty good) and my new week will start tomorrow but so far
    Calories burned: 3014

Tomorrow is the final check in for my competition. I will get weighed, measured, and have my body fat % done. I won't find out who won but I feel I have a good chance. I will post my before and after pictures when I get them :)

Congratulations!! That is so good. I bet it felt amazing to wear such a small size :) Let us know about the competition!