needing something...

Options
CGarner41412
CGarner41412 Posts: 10 Member
My heart and mind are starting to go into a deep depression..I know I need to lose this weight but right now I am currently injured from work (torn meniscus in my knee and needing surgery) and I can't workout! I know I shouldn't let things get me down, but eating as healthy as I can and not even seeing a result sucks!

Not to mention the stress starting to pile on, my mind does not go straight to eating healthy. My husband has no job, our roommate that we took in to help with bills and rent while mu husband looks for things no longer has money coming in so now all the bills come down on me..Bill collectors calling, trying to stretch a small chq between my bills, his bills and affording to feed 3 people is not working.

Can't tell my family this because then I feel like a charity case because they start giving me money that I will be paying back when we are up and going again (who knows when that will be). My husband and I have been struggling with this money crap since he lost his good paying job back in August 2012

I just needed to get this out, and I'm hoping no one will judge me for this post because I'm not looking for sympathy I'm just looking for some inspirational words, cause you guys know what it's like to try and stay healthy in hard times!

32318810.png

Replies

• MarielleVert
    MarielleVert Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey girl I totally get it. Earlier in the year I lost over 30lbs and I quit my job because it was driving me NUTS!!!! I then couldn't find anything, and I mean anything. I ate back the 30+ lbs in 3 months and now that I have a temporary job I am back and have lost 10 of the 30 I gained back. It is harder during tough times, because eating like you used to is second nature. I'm sure you feel like you're putting your everything into paying bills and getting by. If I knew then what I know know, I would have stuck on my schedule instead of blowing all of the good things that I'd done. It is just as hard now, to lose the weight as it was before, and I don't ever want to put myself back there again. You can do it. My partner is a full-time student and I only have a temporary job, but I know that everything happens for a reason and you are likely being tested. Push through and you will be happy on all accounts. Weight loss, your husband will find a job, and everything else will fall into place. Give it time and don't give up. You're worth more than giving up. If you want to add me as a friend, please do. I am on a long journey of well over 100lbs and we can all use a little help now and then. I'll be praying for you :)
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a lot of external stress going on --- be as kind as possible to your self during this rough spot & don't forget humor. I watched AFI's 100 funniest movies at one time in my life. Also don't hesitate to seek professional help, they are there to help.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi honey I won't didn't would never judge you and I know about external stress although it was not money related it was caring for my dying father i our home for a year when was just 27. And in the subsequent years stresses seem to rear their ugly head. I know u will make it through this and I know u will be healthier and more in tune with yourself on the other side. I have some practical advice for invest in some vitamin D3 take it religiously eve if u are taking a multi get this extra my dr tested my vitamin d level last year it was so extremely low and ill tell you since I have been on it my highs and lows have leveled out and no more bouts of deep depression- mind you the occasional weep during flo but I am sure it will help you tremendously like it Did me I get the gummie ones by vitafusion at wal mart. And about exercising- arm exercises! Last season on my biggest loser team a girl trashed her ankle the first week we didn't want her to leave she ended up being our teams biggest loser from arm work and eating right. Use cans if u have to and there are a ton of videos on. The Internet check fit sugar.com and the live well network. I hope this helps
    When your in the MFP family you are nev alone
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I friended you.

Already some great advice - also another natural remedy for depression is St. John's wort. It's a pill and is supposed to help with mood and anxiety.

So sorry to hear about your husband's job. Especially when you have someone else to take care of, that's so so stressful. I know it may not seem like it now, but things will get better. Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise and if you make it through the tough times, you'll come out on the other side stronger, and in an even better place than you were before. I know that doesn't make it any easier but keep on going - you'll be in my prayers. :flowerforyou: