Dukan Diet/Low Carbing

Options
our_ayley
our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
Hi everyone :)

I'm new to the group so wanted to post and say hello :) I'm Hayley, I'm 25 and I'm from Nottinghamshire, England. I'm 5"8 and started my diet 5 days ago at 192lbs (UK sixe 14). I haven't always been this big - up until I was 18/19 I was around 135/140lbs and UK size 8-10, however going to uni and living off pizzas and beer ensured I received my fat parcel in the post! Ever since then I've been yo-yo dieting, desperate to get back to that size and weight but with not a lot of joy!

I've recently started working to the Dukan diet and I'm currently on day 5 of the "Attack Phase" and I've seen a good loss of just under 7lbs in doing so. I'm not sure if others have done this or a similar diet but I was hoping you may have some tips/recipes to share to help me with it. Dukan's book says you should do this for 5-10 days so I think I will probably move on to the second stage from tomorrow so that I can incorporate some veggies and a bit more variety!

If anyone wants to add me and take a look at my diary you're more than welcome to and any tips/feedback are encouraged! I didn't want to post anything on the main forums at the risk of causing a revolution with all the anti-low carbers so was pleased to come across this group :)

Anyway - I won't ramble but looking forward to seeing what low carb has to offer! :)

Hayley x

Replies

• doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I looked into Dukan and decided it wasn't for me. I tried it for a couple of days then went shopping for some of the food he allows. He advocates low fat, too. Some of his foods on his acceptable foods list is really high in carbs. I just couldnt bring myself to eat it. The attack phase IS low carb though. The book has a few recipes in it and there is a Dukan group on this site. I liked the two tablespoons of oat bran. Still pretty high in carbs, but last year when I was doing low carb, I found I could tolerate it. It did keep me full. I actually want to incorporate that again. Much better than the Atkins bars, which I'm currently addicted to for breakfast. I also liked his "protein only Thursdays" for maintenance. Anyway, the low fat makes it a hard diet to be on for me.

Wish you luck with it though. On the Dukan group I found many success stories last year, but I like this group better :wink: .