What is your yoga schedule?

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
How do you practice each week? Classes? Home?

Here's mine, general:
I go to 2 classes a week, if I go to three, then 2 of them are usually on the same day. I practice 6 days a week. I feel like I should practice on days I go to class, but I don't always. My favorite class/practice is when I there is group practice on Fridays - a few teachers/ intermediate students get together to do a 2 hour sequence. I wish I could practice with others more.

How about you?

Replies

• lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i go to two yoga classes a week, evenings after work: 90 minutes of Iyengar yoga. recently i started going to a 60 minute community class on a third evening. if i could, i would go to a class every night, but my husband and kids would never see me if i did that.
    every other week i attend a midday class on Friday.
    i used to go to a class on saturday morning, but my schedule no longer permits it. this used to be my favourite class, because it would energize me for the entire day, if not weekend, and i'd be home before the rest of the household was even moving.
    i stopped doing yoga at home because i'm training for a 5K those mornings instead, but i try to get in 15 minutes of meditation and/or pranayama on my non-run mornings.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of at a crossroads, used to do everyday at home to a DVD series, but want to get going back to the studio. Unfortunately I'm trying to save money. Just need to get back into my home groove. Maybe new sequences? Been contemplating yogaglo or one of those subscription services.
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like to at least do suns daily.
    3-4 days I do the first half of Ashtanga series
    2-3 days I do the full primary.

Or at least that's my goal. I take it easy on moon days (balance is way off), shark week, and lately I've been taking time off to finish a tattoo (once that is all done, I'm hoping to go for cert.)
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i go to class on saturday mornings and I teach class on wed evenings. other than that i do my own practice at home a few days a week before going to work or on the weekend.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How do you practice each week? Classes? Home?

Here's mine, general:
    I go to 2 classes a week, if I go to three, then 2 of them are usually on the same day. I practice 6 days a week. I feel like I should practice on days I go to class, but I don't always. My favorite class/practice is when I there is group practice on Fridays - a few teachers/ intermediate students get together to do a 2 hour sequence. I wish I could practice with others more.

How about you?
    How do you have time to do all that are you independently wealthy? ha ha
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have started doing yoga twice a day at home....really love the yoga class's that I recently went to... between the cost and the times of the classes - it is getting a bit hard to do... but I won't give up on yoga... I think I am going to invest in some DVD's....and try to do more at home....maybe once a week I can make the class at the yoga studio.

:happy:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary. My weekly schedule is:

Mon. Vinyasa Yoga Home video 1. Bodyweight work: Chin-ups and Squats
    Tue. Anusara Yoga home practise. Kettlebell routine (20 minutes)
    Wed. Anusara Yoga evening class. Bodyweight work: Shoulders (currently Crow Pose and inversions) and Full Wheel
    Thu. Vinyasa Yoga Home video 2. Bodyweight work: Push-ups and Core. Lunchtime swim
    Fri. Anusara Yoga home practise. Bodyweight work: Chin-ups
    Sa. Anusara Yoga morning class. Kettlebell routine (20 minutes)
    Sn. Vinyasa Yoga Home video 3. Morning cycle ride or a swim.

My active rest day is Sunday; no strength work specifically.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I have started doing yoga twice a day at home....really love the yoga class's that I recently went to... between the cost and the times of the classes - it is getting a bit hard to do... but I won't give up on yoga... I think I am going to invest in some DVD's....and try to do more at home....maybe once a week I can make the class at the yoga studio.

:happy:

Once a week is wonderful. Ask the teacher you like what dvd's they would recommend.
  • yoginimary
    Options

How do you have time to do all that are you independently wealthy? ha ha

I like to tell people I'm a "kept woman" :wink: I do have more time than most people - I teach 2-3 classes a week and work only part-time. On the other hand, I don't watch any tv, which is how many people spend their evenings. I think the combination gives me time to practice 90 minutes a day and do an hour of cardio or so. I know other yogis that practice that much and have full-time jobs and teach. I'm not really sure how they do it.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I go to at minimum three classes a week. My studio offers classes later in the evening, the last starts at 9 pm, so I can go home after work and spend some time with the kids and my husband, and then hit a class after the kids are in bed.
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I practice four times a week at the studio. I can't do yoga on my own nearly as well because I can't stay in the moment if I'm thinking ahead to the next pose; so I rarely practice at home.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've been doing yoga 2, sometimes 3, times a week at the studio. I try to practice at home most other days, even if it's just sun salutations or a few poses after my runs.
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I practice four times a week at the studio. I can't do yoga on my own nearly as well because I can't stay in the moment if I'm thinking ahead to the next pose; so I rarely practice at home.

I do the same routine over and over.
    Its at the point now that I don't think what's next, my body just does it. Even in class if the instructor happens to skip a pose, I'm already automatically in the sequenced pose before my brain registers a change.

Do you have the ability to do the same routine time and again? With practice and repetition that might work for you.
  • nuttingh
    nuttingh Posts: 65
    Options
    I do a home practice of Kundalini Yoga, using DVDs usually ones made by RaviAna. I used to practice every day, usually in the evenings. It really helped me break my "snackiness" during the evening hours. Now, I've been doing it in the mornings but the munchies are getting me. I enjoy practicing 5 days a week on average.

I never lived in an area where there were classes, but since I broke up with my fiancee and moved back to Michigan, there is a studio here in town and I would like to go to one class a week during the summer for sure. It's Hatha Yoga. I want to splurge sometime this summer and attend a real Kundalini Yoga class about 1 1/2hrs south. :)

Heather
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I was doing M W Sat vinyassa class at my studio, however this is going to change. Now that it's summer my schedule has been not fitting with the studio so I've dropped my monthly unlimited membership for now and will do more yoga at home. I'm going to aim for 3-4 days/week, M W Sat still doing the Ashtanga primary series at home and then every once in a while throw a day at the studio in (I'm switching to a 10 class pass that I can use over 3-4 months). I'm also going to start back up with a 10 min meditation every day and try to do at least 10-15 minutes of light yoga each day reguardless of whether I get a full practice in or do cardio.
  • desaraemh
    desaraemh Posts: 3
    Options
    I attend 4 classes a week. Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays I practice bikram yoga and Wednesday I practice vinyasa.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Reboosting some of these threads. Cause I'm new and there were some good topics out here. :smile:

I do studio classes only. I find in a small apartment with a boyfriend and two cats, home practice doesn't work for me.

My usualy schedule is Mondays at 4:30PM, Tuesday at 9:30AM, Thursday at 4:30. I sometimes try to fit in a 4th class, but I really feel better if I have a resting day between class.

I'm starting a 30 day challenge on October 1st. Which I'm looking forward to quite a bit.

Oh, I do Vinyasa Flow yoga at the moment.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a 30 day challenge. I do most of my practice in a studio - I definitely am easily distracted at home, and I definitely appreciate the eye, and the adjustments of a good teacher.

Lately I've been doing an "Align and Refine" class on M/W/F/Sat and Ashtanga on Tues/Sun. I also teach on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Some days I mix in an Anusara class or Power class instead. I used to do a ton of Forrest yoga, but my teacher just moved out of state last month so I've transitioned to different classes. I don't always get all those in, but usually 5 days a week at a studio lately. And if I don't make it I do a shorter practice at home.