New Who, what do you do?

mustangmary11
mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
Was just curious. Any of you do anything for your Dr. Who nights? Things like have friends over who love the show as much as you and all watch together, or maybe have a late dinner, something special to eat while watching the show? I know many if you go out, myself included, which leads to TiVoing the show, but it works the same LOL
For hubs and me, we used to have pizza night or Chinese with yummy things like sesame chicken, or kung pao and fried rice. If I'm home now, I tend to save my calories for some frozen greek yogurt as a treat. Or we may do Chinese still but its steamed chicken and broccoli and maybe an egg roll if I have the calories available :bigsmile:
So what about you all??

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    I don't do group TV watching. I record the show, and watch it at my convenience.
  • The night before the season premier I had two of my best girlfriends and fellow whovians over for a netflix marathon! One of them was able to stay over until the next night when it was on and we watched it together. My brother is also a fan so he'll record it and we'll usually watch it together when we both have time
  • mustangmary11
    mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
    I understand and I also have done the recording and watch later. We usually just watch us two alone but if anyone is over, I have one rule. NO talking until commercials LOL
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Another one here who records and watches later. My husband doesn't get/like Dr. Who so I watch it on my own. Other than a temp that just left this past week and a couple guys at the newly opened comic book store, I have had no one IRL that appreciates Dr. Who.
  • I program theTV to record the show and when I'm on holidays I sit by the TV and watch lots of episodes in a row. I watch alone, with a iogurt or a instant pudding (or a chocolate mousse if not on a diet), or with a plate of strawberries or banana slices with honey and poppy seeds...
  • Hpgirl1890
    Hpgirl1890 Posts: 15 Member
    My brothers and I love watching Doctor Who together. My cousin lives next door so we usually ask him to come over and watch it with us. It's really fun watching it together. One of us would catch on to some minor details and start screaming "DID YOU SEE THAT?!"