Breakfast

Options
BeckyAnne4
BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
Does anyone else struggle with not being hungry in the morning? I do, and I am trying to figure out something small and quick (& healthy!) to force down so that I am not skipping breakfast. I have unfortunately burned myself out on eggs. I will probably go back to yogurt soon, I think, maybe. Anywho, who has light, on-the-go breakfast ideas? GO! :happy:

Replies

• nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast person, but know I need it. I try to make some type of an at home smoothie or juice drink every morning. It is easy to take with me, light, yet keeps me satisfied for about 3-4 hours. Plus it gives me 2 servings of fruit without a huge spike is my sugar as I try to stick to berries.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit Greek Yogurt, with a 1/4 cup of honey toasted cereal on top, coffee (decaf) with irish cream creamer
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Not sure how quick "quick" has to be. But for me if I don't have my Special K with protein cereal and some almond milk, I won't make it to lunch. And, some days, even WITH the cereal, I don't make it to lunch.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It depends. I like breakfast food but have been feeling very meh to food for awhile now.
    Today I had 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 pieces of bacon.
    Days when I don't prepare mine I get a bacon egg cheese croissanwich from speedway or a wake up wrap from DD, both under 20 carbs each and filling enough.

If you aren't that hungry you could probably go with 1 hard boiled egg, piece of string cheese, some cottage cheese, something like that so your liver isn't kicking out sugar.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Today I had an avocado and farmer's cheese for breakfast.
  • shinitaru
    shinitaru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a boiled egg and a piece of whole wheat toast with avocado
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of Chia seeds mixed in.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I usually need a grab-n-go type of breakfast because of the busy weekday mornings. I either have a Zone bar or an Atkins protein bar, only about 210 calories. The protein helps get me through until lunch. I know a lot of people don't agree on the protein bars, but I have been eating them for a number of years and they help keep my blood sugars in control in the morning.

Weekends I usually have oatmeal or an "omelet" (I put the omelet in quotes because I guess it would be called a frittata or something like that). The oatmeal takes 2 minutes in the microwave and then I add fresh/frozen fruit and a splash of milk and some splenda. My husband likes his with a little brown sugar and half of a small box of raisins added. For the omelet, I just saute veggies (onions, mushrooms, sweet peppers) in a small bit of olive oil. I then add fresh spinach and a couple of eggs/egg whites and a little salt/pepper. Let cook through. YUMMY!