Pregnancy Post-Op Questions

Options
I had my gastric bypass surgery (RNY) in December... I have lost over 120 pounds if you combine my pre-op and post-op loss, and I am ready to have another baby! I set a goal for myself to get into a "normal" BMI before I get pregnant again as I has gestational diabetes with my first some who was born in July 2012, so I still have a good 80 pounds to lose, but I am rather apprehensive about getting pregnant after losing all of this weight. I wanted to friend a few post-op women who have had children after surgery so that I may ask questions and take tips and suggestions. Thanks in advance everyone!

Replies

• GastricJoy
    Options
    I had RNY on June 4 2012 and got pregnant 2 months later.

SW:268
    CW:179.4
    GW:160

I have actually lost most of my weight during pregnancy. In my last 3 weeks I have not lost but I have maintained. I was doing Zumba going Swimming at the YMCA and taking Aerobics Classes. I am now in my 35-36 weeks and I still walk (a little) I walk like 3 miles a week. And that is 1 mile at a time. I walk around my complex and to the mailbox which I do not track.

That is all I can tell you so far. Hope this much helps.

I had my gastric bypass surgery (RNY) in December... I have lost over 120 pounds if you combine my pre-op and post-op loss, and I am ready to have another baby! I set a goal for myself to get into a "normal" BMI before I get pregnant again as I has gestational diabetes with my first some who was born in July 2012, so I still have a good 80 pounds to lose, but I am rather apprehensive about getting pregnant after losing all of this weight. I wanted to friend a few post-op women who have had children after surgery so that I may ask questions and take tips and suggestions. Thanks in advance everyone!
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, two month post op, you must have been scared! I have heard it can be very dangerous if it happens that soon after but I am so happy to hear you and baby are healthy, I would very much like if you kept me posted of course!