30DS Level 1 Started 4/21/2013

After reading all the comments I've decided to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred. Going to start the program today. I will hopefully stick with it and post to this thread each day in hopes of keeping myself motivated... We'll see...

Starting Statistics
Height: 5' 11'
Current Weight: 165
Total weight lost: 71
Waist: 35.5"
Hips: 36.5"
Chest: 40.5"
Attitude: Always! I mean, good.

Replies

• suzmathew
    suzmathew Posts: 61
    Good luck! i have previously done the level 1, but unfortunately i got bored and gave up 10 days in, i've been away from MFP for a few months, and have decided to get back into it, so i'm gonna be starting again tomorrow, and do my best to stick at it for the whole 30 days!
  • I started 30DS today. Hope day 2 is easier? Obviously kidding. Jillian will kick these numbers down into submission. "That pain is your fear leaving the body!"

Starting Statistics
    Height: 5' 8'"
    Current Weight: 226 lbs
    Total weight lost: 56 lbs
    Waist: under bust 39"/ at belly button 44"
    Hips: 48"
    Chest: 46" on boobs/ 39" over boobs under arm pits
    Thigh: 29"
    Arm:14.4"

The first day of level 1 is super hard. I did the modified versions when available and I almost died! It will be worth it...:ohwell:
  • I just finished level 1 day 2... ouch! hope my body rebounds. I could barely lift my arms today!
  • I have completed my 4th day of level 1. it was not as difficult. I had a limp yesterday and walking down stairs and sitting is rough. hopefully tomorrow I will not be as sore since today's work out didn't completely kill me as it had for the 1st 3 days. :wink:
  • I took a break yesterday, but today, I stepped it up a notch and used heavier weights. I really felt the burn!
    I tried on a pair of pants that when I got them were too tight. they looked fantastic and were perfect on me. so then I tried on a shirt that had been too tight in the arms/shoulders. I looked hot today at church! my fiancé agreed!!!
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    Hi there! I started last week and am doing day 7 tonight! Already lost 2 pounds and can definitely see an improvement in my endurance. Looking forward to pushing through this week and starting level 2 this weekend!
  • so today was my level 1 day 7. I think I may go 12 or 13 days instead of 10. level 1 is still kicking my but as I work on doing the modified movements correctly (i.e. girl push ups) and using 3lb weights versus 1lb. I want to know that I will be leaving level 1 with a level of ability and not killing myself with level 2. I watched level 2 and was a little intimidated.
  • I haven't lost a single pound in the week I have been doing it but I have definitely lost inches.:happy:
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Today was day 7 for me. I have to say it was my easiest one so far! don't get me wrong, it was still HARD but i felt that I got through it a little easier. I think I may up my weights for they last few days of level one.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    I started on April 21st too! I'm not doing the program in 30 days...I usually do 2 to 3 days in a row and then have a rest day. Every day I also incorporate some moderate walking during my lunch breaks (average burn of 215 calories for 20 minutes). On weekends, my boyfriend and I also spend a lot of time hiking :)

I'm 5' 6.5"
    SW: 130 (I've gained 5 lbs since I was at my ultimate GW :( ...but am OK with 130)

I have measurements somewhere, but can't seem to find the file.

Yesterday, I completed Level 1 Day 8, and I've found it much easier than Days 1-3....they were a killer for me. On Day 8, I even started switching to 5 lb weights!

We CAN do this! Can't wait to see all of your progress! I imagine I'll be finished by...early June :)
  • Yesterday would have been day 8, but I did stretching weights and ab moves without the cardio. I walk everyday. I feel like the cardio is hard on my knees and hips due to my weight. I can feel a difference though. I know their are inches lost.