Need some suggestions today, starting tomorrow!

Options
chellebublz
chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
I joined our small little gym in town so I could have more resources to start this program. My gym does not have barbell or plate weights. We only have machines and dumbbells. SO I have to make the most out of what I got until I can afford to invest in my own barbell and plates.

Anyways, I've been through 30DS and 6 weeks of Body Revolution. I am able to use 8lb dumbbells pretty easily on most moves. Any suggestions on what to start out with tomorrow for squats and seated rows? They go up to 50lb dumbbells. I was thinking trying 20s at least for the squats (that would make 40 total right or is that not how it works?) Not sure about the seated rows tho..

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,005 Member
    Options
    How many reps do you have to do in each set?? If you can squat, to parallel, with a 20 lb DB in each hand, that's pretty decent! Great job! Make sure, whatever weight you use, that you are going to (or below) parallel in your squat.

Re: seated press - again, make sure your FORM is perfect, before increasing your weights. Give the 20 lb DBs a try and make sure, at the END of the movement (i.e. when the DB's are at your side), that you are SQUEEZING your shoulderblades together. Always make sure your shoulders are BACK-AND-DOWN before starting any seated row movement - but that SQUEEZE at the end is the BOMB!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I went with 15lb DB's. I had to do bent over rows instead of seated rows since my gym doesn't have a row machine. I focused on my form, but a guy that was working out there said it was perfect so I think I can go up to at least 20s. So I think I will start out with 20s tomorrow for workout 1B. Going to read up on form and technique tonight to prepare :) This is my first week so it says 15 reps.