put on 2 kg as of this morning

Options
tanigrrrrr
tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
1 week back in keto - dropped 3 kilos by thursday... this morning I am a kilo Heavier.

So depressed - ate twisties.. now even more depressed.

Replies

• kellydeutsch1
    kellydeutsch1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My weight loss seems to be very up and down as well...I will lose a pound, gain two, lose three...just hang in there. I have lost nine pounds in two weeks, even with the ups and downs. Try to not focus on today, but the overall goal. You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • chirpinggalaxy
    Options
    I'm slightly up and down from day to day as well. As a motivator for myself, I don't track my weight unless it's down. If it's up, I use that as motivation to get it going back down.
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Since starting keto earlier this year, I'm overall down 20 pounds and several dress sizes, but the scale has been up and down every week. I see a bigger change in my body than I have seen on the scale. With keto, you're literally melting fat cells. So even if the scale seems slow or sometimes up, trust that your body is changing.

I will say that I weigh myself a few times a day (when I first wake up, after exercising, etc.) and the scale will literally fluctuate by up to 5 pounds for me throughout the day. If you can let it motivate you and don't let it ruin your day when it happens to be up, go for it. Otherwise, lock it up for a time. :)
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    THE SCALE LIES! You should trust the way your pants/bra fit. :)
  • PcShed
    PcShed Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, reading your post with you weigh going up or down you need to ask this:
    If you lost weigh, what type: fat or lean mass?
    If you gained weigh, what type, fat or lean mass.

Measure your body fat and work our you lean mass then you have a reference point into which to work out how you doing.

It is possible to loss fat and gain weigh (lean mass) which is good because the more lean muscle you have, the more capacity to burn energy will will have.
    hope this helps.
    Sergio
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    1 week back in keto - dropped 3 kilos by thursday... this morning I am a kilo Heavier.

So depressed - ate twisties.. now even more depressed.
    Don't get depressed, remember the journey to a healthy weight is a marathon not a sprint. Your weight will go up and down but just stick to eating right and you'll get where you want.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Scale weight doesn't tell you much at all. That being said...

Hide the scale! Try it for a month. Go strictly by measurements, progress pics, and how your clothing fits! Seriously, I wish this was reinforced more often... people are so scale obsessed these days and it's not doing them any favours.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself over and over and over again, "I cannot gain 2 kg of fat overnight."

When you see the scale jump like that it's just a fluctuation of water weight.
  • SixHats
    SixHats Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with LauraDotts. You can't gain two kilograms of fat overnight. That works out over 14,000 calories!