Did you get through the weekend???

qtjones
qtjones Posts: 29 Member
Hopefully you where able to get through the weekend without racking up the calories... I did eat over my calorie limit but was able to find time for a good hour walk on Sunday that help bring me back under my calorie threshold. It is hard to manage portion control when the family is cooking Sunday dinner, but I did good by not going over board like I usually do. Did you get through the weekend without falling short of your goals?

Replies

• SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    My weekend was a hot mess! I feel off the band wagon on Friday (maybe even Thursday) and now I am in recovery mode. I did not journal or care - I tried to make daily goals and well off the wagon I went.

Today is a new day. I got up - got the kids off to school - had breakfast - worked out burning 695 calories x-training on the treadmill. Originally only going to do 30 minutes but it felt so good I did 1 hour and I actually jogged for 6 minutes - protein shake. Since none of you know me this is a HUGE accomplishment to jog. I stink at running and in my Navy years I swam the physical fitness test so at my current weight and age I say 'BRAVO' to me. The workout felt fabulous and I feel like I am back on track. I am heading to make a spinach dish for lunch with chicken sausage and serving fish for dinner. I feel somehow whole and motivated today.

Good luck to everyone on today's goals - thanks for being there! This is a really great supportive group.
  • lncgurley
    lncgurley Posts: 37 Member
    I had my cheat day and went a little over the 2k goal for that day 2018 cals..., I was frustrated with myself in that I was so tired Sat I really should have made that a rest day, but didn't, I did the yard and moved some things for my mom. So Sunday, I ATE! While I'm glad I didn't do worse, I'm not exactly thrilled I ignored my body. I get so tired when I up my excercise, I need to remember that it takes my body a while to adjust, ....I'll just be glad I did fairly well and today is a new day! You guys are so motivating, it really helps. QT..Great job on the walk, and something I need to remember, that walks are always an option and good after eating a big meal!. Torra, great job..sometimes I think we off the wagon and see what it is we don't like about it and it gets our minds straight..good for you!
  • egrif1
    egrif1 Posts: 23 Member
    Did pretty good. Walk/ran 5 miles on Saturday. Worked in the yard (edging, sweeping, etc.), planted flowers and vegetables.. Cooked a healthy meal. Overall Saturday was a good day. But Sunday, my husband wanted to go to the DREADED :devil: Olive Garden. I went well over my calories. I did do some running in place when I got home. But thank God for Saturday's workout. I'm back on track now and plan to run this evening.
  • SandiW02
    Honestly - I feel so much better today being on track and getting all the gross out of my system. Does anyone else notice the difference in energy and just feeling lighter wheneating better? My goal today is hit the gym and increase my water as I fell short yesterday.

What's your goal?
  • I did pretty good this weekend, I did have some sweets but I didn't go over board. Sweets are my challenge so I'm proud of myself! I was able to get a 3 mile walk in on Sunday morning. Didnt make it to Zumba last night, she wish I had but today is a new day and I'm back on track!!!! Hope everyone is having a great healthy day!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I just gotta say I thought Triple D meant something else entirely and so now I am not sure I belong in this group?
  • SandiW02
    I made my goal today - I went to the gym and I did a great x-training on the treadmill incorporating a 2minute jog every 10 minutets. I have to miss Zumba tonight because my daughter has dance costume try ons...that's ok because tomorrow I hope it only takes about 30 minutes and I can sneak off to class.

How was your day?
  • qtjones
    qtjones Posts: 29 Member
    Yesterday was not too good for me. I didn't get a chance to exercise as I wanted to. Well I guess as always have the chance to at home but just didn't. Today is a new goal and it is already starting off better... Looking to eat right and get an hour of activity in today. Keep up the good work on your goals today everyone!!!
  • SandiW02
    qtjones - nothing always goes as planned and that is "OK" be just do the best we can and keep going!

Today I have remembered my vitamins - went to the gym and did a great 600+ calorie burn and actually redid my profile - I thought I was active but after realizing I need to move to be active (I like to read) I changed myself to slightly active. I have less calories which I am excited about because I was having a hard time meeting the 2030 I was given before.

Hope everyone meets their personal goals today!

Here is my challenge to you - finish the week with at least 30 minutes of exercise for each day....you in?