Yet another activity level question!

Hi, I'm new!!! A quick question on activity level, I'm trying to figure out TDEE and such :)

45 minutes of stationary bike at a moderate pace, 5 days a week, sometimes 6. The rest of the time I am pretty sedentary (desk job) except for some walks, housework (cleaning, ironing, cooking).

I've been eating about 1,200 with this routine for the past couple months but I don't feel well and I've definitely had enough. No surprise, I just realized that my NET is under my BMR. Fantastic... I don't want to starve myself anymore. I want to lose about 15-20 pounds at most (current BMI is just under 25, 24.6 or so).

So, my second quick question is... should I start with TDEE-15%? Another %? Should I do a reset and eat TDEE instead?

Thank you very much!

:)

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Your exercise may put you in moderate activity. I would eat tdee for a week then go to 15% cut. Dont be scared by an initial gain
  • Thank you alicia! :) I think I'll pick that level, then... yeah, I've read about the possible initial gain, so I think I will avoid weighing myself too often (too stressing!). So, if I understand correctly, I shouldn't log my exercise on MFP, because it is already calculated in the TDEE, right?