How many days in a row can a do a burn/push/lean Circuit??

Options
FitWendi
FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
I work 12 to 14 hours shifts, 3 days a week. With this schedule, plus a family leaves me no time to exercise on the days I work. I am doing my own CLX and TF combo. I love the weight lifting days. So.. On my days off I try to fit in what I can. This past week I was off work for three days in a row and did..... burn circuit 1 plus TF the first day; Burn circuit 2 and TF the second day, Then Burn circuit 3 and some TF the last day. I wondered if I should have taken second day off from the weights. Any opinions??

Replies

• denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My body needs a rest day between lifting. I try to alternate lifting and cardio--sounds like that isn't the best option for you. Maybe try to do different muscle groups--that way the onces you just worked get a chance to heal? I believe in lifting the recovery is equally as important as the exercise--but I am no pro.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one for your schedule. I never do back to back lifting with CLX. I always leave a day in between lifting and do cardio and stretch instead. I know that she says to only lift 3x a week... I would take it easy on the lifting and try to fit it in on a work day if at all possible. It's pretty short...?
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually do m/w/f i feel like i need the break. I do cardio between those.
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    CLX does work different muscle groups on each one. Next time I might do 2 days in a row but not 3. I felt ok after. Not sore or tight. I think warming up good before helped with that.
  • eileenmetz
    eileenmetz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i do tues, thurs and saturday CLX. burn intervals weds. hot yoga at a studio on friday. and turbo fire on sunday and monday. i stick in extra ab work outs when i have the time on any given day.