Post-Sleeve Question

Options
I will be having my surgery on 4-25 (THURSDAY!!!) I am just wondering how exactly do I stay under 40 carbs a day? My skim milk in my protein shakes registers as 13g per one cup of milk so if I only have milk in my shake and only use zero carb isopure I am already a 39g of carbs just from 3 shakes a day. And that is only is I use the zero carb stuff. My matrix protein powders have 8-10 gm per serving of the powder. Not having issues with giving up the carbs or anything, I am just trying to logically(mathematically) plan my post op liquids and this is stumping me. Any help is great! Thanks!

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of carb restrictions on our diets, but every program is a little different. Every program does have minimum protein levels though, and most seem to be in the 60 to 80 range. Most also specify low fat, but I haven't seen one specify a number.

Do your best to follow your doctor's guidelines.
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 2 years post sleeve and I dont remember carb restrictions. I just remember having to try and make my protein. That is the most important! I had to watch my fat and go sugar free. I agree with Grim, every program is different and all you can do is your best to follow your doctors guidelines. Do you have a dietician? If so, never hesitate to ask for ideas. They are there to help you be successful! :smile:
    So excited for your upcoming surgery! Good luck you!