Food diary critique

Options
btoeps74
btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
If you could, please take a look at my diary and see if I should change up anything or keep doing what I'm doing. My MFP goal is set for losing a pound a week.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Could you let us know your stats so we can see if the calories and macros look reasonable.

Current weight
    Goal weight
    BF% if you know it
    Activity level, both in and outside the gym.

Thanks
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If you could, please take a look at my diary and see if I should change up anything or keep doing what I'm doing. My MFP goal is set for losing a pound a week.

Based on your weight from your ticker and your goal of losing about a pound a week, I think your diary looks great!

In fact, I kind of want to copy your heavy use of spinach to increase my potassium intake which is often too low. You are also doing well with limiting sodium which is my other problem area. Overall I see lots of healthy well balanced foods in your diary. Keep up the great work!

Good job keeping protein levels high to help protect your muscle mass while on a deficit. What is your workout routine?

If I have one regret from last year when I was losing weight quickly it would that I did not start lifting sooner and as a result lost more muscle mass than I needed to. I am making up for this now, but it would have been easier if I consumed plenty of protein last fall and lifted at the same time during my period of a large caloric deficit.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason that you are tracking cholesterol?
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me.
  • btoeps74
    Options
    @ Sara
    Weight: 193
    Goal: 175-180
    BF: Not sure. I should look into getting it checked

Mostly doing cardio with either eliptical or treadmill. Do body weight exercises every other day for now. Outside gym, pretty sedintary. From noon to 8 I am stuck at a desk.

@ Minimalist Sodium and potassium took some work but got it dialed in. Spinach is an easy fix for potassium.

@ Fire_Rock I am watching cholesterol because the last few years my HDL and LDL have been out of whack. Admittingly I was pretty much living off fast food or junk food in general.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What rate have you been losing at in the past couple of weeks at this current intake?
  • btoeps74
    Options
    What rate have you been losing at in the past couple of weeks at this current intake?

Usually a pound a week but there was two weeks that I lost 2 pounds.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but it looks good to me. I think our diet is sort of similar, short of all the supplements.