FINALLYYYY

Options
chuckles9189
chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
Today I did the first workout of stage one (1A). I have been terrified of the gym since december (when I bought the book!) but FINALLY did it. I bought my friend a guest pass to the gym (she lifted weights in high school so she was not nervous about the weight room at all) and we did the workout.

and it was good!. I was terrified to just squat the bar, but she knew I could go heavier, so i ended up squatting 65lbs!

My numbers as a reference to me to look back on.

Squats 65lbs
Seated Row 55lbs (this may have been an overkill, my last 2 reps on the 2nd set were a little shaky)
Push-up 15 (on the floor, in the middle of the gym!)
Step-up raisers, with 20lbs
Prone jackknife 10.(only fell off the ball once. and did two extra because i felt like it.)

I have lurked for MONTHS!!!!! on this group reading all the posts etc. and today I finally got to join because I officially started. :)

Feel free to add me if you like :)

Chelsea

Replies

• acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started! I just started last week & I finished the 2nd A workout today. I did the squats with just the barbell today , last time I used a 20 lb easy bar & it was way too light. Next time I am going to add 10lb plates to the barbell.
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Glad you joined us! The weight room is really not as intimidating as a lot of women imagine. Most of the lifters are there to lift, not judge. It's a good world to spend time in!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yay! Keep it up! You won't regret it!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! Look forward to hearing about your progress!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking the plunge Chelsea! And your squats are great! I did the whole program and am only up to 85 with my squats. I blame it on a bum knee. I think you will love the program and each day will get easier at the gym. Then one day you'll look up and it'll be no big deal to be in there pumping iron with the guys.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Needed to see this today, as I will be joining your ranks shortly!! I am totally intimidated by lifting heavy weights, let alone doing it at the gym in front of people who know what they're doing, but this post shows me that I can do it and it's probably not as bad as I have it in my mind that it will be. Thank you for sharing your first day and the best of luck to you!! Add me if you'd like!:smile:
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    OKAYYYYYYYY! I did the stage 1 workout b today! Yay!!! My legs are feelin it! Holy moly!

Deadlifts -- 65lbs
    Wide-grip Lat pull down-- 55lbs
    Dumbbell shoulder press- 15lbs
    Lunges -- 20lbs (each hands---those hurt!)
    Swiss ball crunch --15

I also did 2 one minute planks. and took almost 12000 steps today! Can't wait for Friday!

Happy lifting :)