cheese substitute

anybody have a good cheese substitute idea? This seems to be the only thing I am truelly having a hard time giving up. I have it for a snack on salads etc. Thanks in advance

Replies

• Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    I like Daiya cheese.
  • SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    I like Daiya cheese.

I agree. It's the best commercial cheese. Total Vegan. Can be purchased in block or shreds. I have only found shreds in the stores. Some Costco's, Safeway, Haggen foods, etc. check out their web page for stores in your area. It is total Vegan.

NeelieDeer:happy:
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    I like Daiya cheese.

I love Daiya as well, but I try to eat it infrequently since it's nutritionally pretty empty. What kind of cheeses are you looking to replace? If you're looking for a good cheese sauce substitute then there are a lot of good recipes out there that use nutritional yeast. I can message you the one I use if you're interested.
  • mocatinho
    mocatinho Posts: 65
    I like Daiya cheese.

I love Daiya as well, but I try to eat it infrequently since it's nutritionally pretty empty. What kind of cheeses are you looking to replace? If you're looking for a good cheese sauce substitute then there are a lot of good recipes out there that use nutritional yeast. I can message you the one I use if you're interested.
    Hi - I tend to eat string cheese has a mid day snack with almonds. t's crazy but it's the only thing I really find that I'm struggling to give up. I will have to look into Daiya cheese. Thanks for the idea everyone!
  • jeannie0312
    jeannie0312 Posts: 35 Member
    If you are looking for cheese for example for mac & cheese or broccoli cheese potatoes there are tons of recipes out there on how to make your own cheese using nutritional yeast. It isn't cheese exactly but pretty close. I currently use the Sunflower Mac recipe from Post Punk Kitchen. The recipe makes a ton & the cheezee sauce freezes well :smile: