Looking for some insight on this

Options
navydentalchic
navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
Good morning!

I started doing the program body beast (heavy lifting program from beachbody). It is 5 weight training days (broke up by body parts) and one day of cardio. I was eating at about 1500 cal, but didi the calculations in the book regarding my BMR and TDEE and the figures that came out were bmr 1540 (two months ago), TDEE 2300, and calories need to eat abround 1978. I have been follwing this for the last 6 weeks and have put on close to 10 pounds. This is quite ditrssing to me and just was curious who has gone through the process of upping calories and experience quick weight gain. Any suggestions? I do appreciate it. Thank you!

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    So before you followed their recommendation you were eating 1500?
    Do you measure? Know your body fat %?
  • navydentalchic
    Options
    my clothes are getting tighter, and no :( I don't know my body fat. I can't fit in to my shorts. I am kind of freaking out.
  • aliciab307
    Options
    Heybales has a spreadsheet where you can measure your body fat and it is spot on. It also helps with caloric intake etc. not sure why youre gaining weight. Knowing body fat would give a clearer perspective. How long were you eating 1500? And was that net or gross?
  • navydentalchic
    Options
    It was NET. I am a runner normally, but I tore something in my foot during a mud run. So my activity level has dropped quite a bit.
  • aliciab307
    Options
    Not sure, but maybe with your activity level and netting below bmr could be the cause. Or maybe its water weight.
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If you were netting right at your BMR for a long period of time, your body could just be adding the stores it has needed, but hasn't gotten. Have you tried eating at your TDEE for a while? Did your weight stabilize? How much activity do you do in a week? We need a little bit more info.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I started doing the program body beast (heavy lifting program from beachbody). It is 5 weight training days (broke up by body parts) and one day of cardio. I was eating at about 1500 cal, but didi the calculations in the book regarding my BMR and TDEE and the figures that came out were bmr 1540 (two months ago), TDEE 2300, and calories need to eat abround 1978. I have been follwing this for the last 6 weeks and have put on close to 10 pounds. This is quite ditrssing to me and just was curious who has gone through the process of upping calories and experience quick weight gain. Any suggestions? I do appreciate it. Thank you!

1500 net

So how was the weight increase during that 6 weeks, like 5 lbs first week eating more, than slowing 1 lb weekly?

How much running did you do before, was it endurance running, long slow runs?
  • navydentalchic
    Options
    Good morning!

1500 net

So how was the weight increase during that 6 weeks, like 5 lbs first week eating more, than slowing 1 lb weekly?

i WAS RUNNING ABOUT 2.5 MILES 4-5 DAYS A Week and 2 days of weight training. I have not tried eating at my TDEE, which is around 2400. I am scared too! lol if I am putting on weight eating at almost 2000, I am frightened about what would happene if I did. I am not sure how mcuh each week, I try to avoid the scale. But I was at the Dr.'s yesterday for a follow up on my foot and they weighed me and I almost broke into tears!
    I have been debating on cutting my calories way back, but trying to trust that with the heavy weights I might see some change in inches soon. I appreciate everyones input btw.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

1500 net

i WAS RUNNING ABOUT 2.5 MILES 4-5 DAYS A Week and 2 days of weight training. I have not tried eating at my TDEE, which is around 2400. I am scared too! lol if I am putting on weight eating at almost 2000, I am frightened about what would happene if I did. I am not sure how mcuh each week, I try to avoid the scale. But I was at the Dr.'s yesterday for a follow up on my foot and they weighed me and I almost broke into tears!
    I have been debating on cutting my calories way back, but trying to trust that with the heavy weights I might see some change in inches soon. I appreciate everyones input btw.

Another question there more important if you know.