Introduction :)

Options

Replies

• prtyblkgrl1
    Options
    HI,
    I'm Tiffiny. I would love to join this group, my problem is the workout I plan to do, I really have no way of figuring out how many calories I've burned. I also walk about 3 to five miles daily as of last week at a brisk pace. Can I count those calories burned..

The workouts I will use is the Rockin' Body.. Anyone have ideas on how I should count those calories, lmk.. Thanks. and looking forward to this challenge..
  • PaigeProthero
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Paige, I have lost over 80 lbs since 2011. I have been at a stall for months. I joined this group in order to get me moving again! I have been too sedentary lately to do some serious family health issues. I am married, 41 years old, and have two beautiful sons (21 and 13).

I have no idea in the world how many calories burned to set as a goal, but I will start by getting off my behind and moving again! Feel free to add me as a friend! I am really looking forward to pushing through and losing the 53 lbs I have left to lose! This seems like the right place to be! :smile:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I live in a VERY SMALL town in Southern Indiana....we don't even have a stop light! I've been married for 4.5 yrs - second marriage for both of us. I have two step-kids - boy (almost 15 yrs old - SHEW... the teenager years are a bear already!!!!) and a girl (who turned 11 yrs old a couple of weeks ago). I don't have any children of my own... just a yellow lab - Baxter.

I work in Sales and Marketing.... I'm sure some of you will snarl at my position. I'm used to it... I travel at least 4 times a year for my job.... I've only been in this position for a little over a year. My last job I was at for 10 years.... so things are still really new and stressful!

I started Turbo Jam about 3 weeks ago... I LOVE IT!! I also have an elliptical and weight machine in our basement.... SO I"M Looking forward to SWEATING AND BURNIN' SOME BUTTER in MAY!! WHOOOOP!!! WHOOOOOP!!!! :bigsmile: Looks like some of you will be BURNING way more calories than me ... but that's OK. :happy:

I'm hoping to burn 1,200 a week.... actually I'm hoping to "BLOW THAT OUTTA DA WATA" :laugh: but we'll see.
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kelsey and I'm 22 years old, turning 23 in a couple weeks. I'm in the last 2 weeks of my undergraduate degrees right now, finishing up my final student teaching practicum while also applying for every job I see (I'm looking to work as a music teacher starting this fall!). I've been so busy lately that I've really been slacking on the exercise, plus I've been living somewhere without access to a gym for the duration of my practicum. Since I'm done school at the beginning of May, I thought this challenge would be an awesome way to kick-start my activity level again! I'm hoping to run a 5k this summer, so I will probably be doing a lot of running, and some strength training.
  • hallinan65
    Options
    My name is Jackie just joined MFP I am 47. I have been trying to get back in shape for the last 3 years. I have 30 pounds to lose. My goal for May is to lose 8 pounds.
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mercy. I am 37 years old and am a stay at home mom of three. I took a break from running while pregnant and restarted in late February. I currently run or walk about 3 miles each day pushing my baby in a jogger. I also work out at Curves and enjoy riding my bike. My other hobby includes gardening, which is actually a pretty good work-out depending on the task! Anyway, I will think about a goal, but as of now I try to burn about 500 calories per day.
  • chanygirl
    Options
    Hello my name is Rosenda,,,Just recently started MFP again. At the moment Im training for a 25k so I believe this group will keep me motivated during my training. I've lost and gained lost and gained and not by much but enough to get back at it. To feel good about myself again. Im a runner I usually put in about 20-25 miles a wk. Thanks for creating this group. Truly a motivator for me =)
  • kyleyjo1
    kyleyjo1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey group. I'm Kyley and I'm 21 years old. I have 15 pounds that won't go away with my eating habits, so I'm going to have to start working a little harder for them! I have been hitting up the gym when I can this semester. This summer, though, I will be working and studying for the MCAT on July 13!! Exercise is a great stress reliever for me, and I believe that a group like this will be a great motivator to take some time for ME out of my busy schedule! I'm not a runner because of spinal issues, but I want to give it a try with my boyfriend coaching me along in the mornings - We're moving in together and he is NOT going to let me keep a bunch of 'rabbit food' in our apartment, so hopefully he can help push me to work out as well.
  • Natdogg37
    Natdogg37 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!!

My name is Natasha and I am so EXCITED for the May challenge! I am loking to get myself back in shape after a foot injury and being lazy for a year. I used to run half marathons and want to back in it. I just started going back to the gym and I have been feeling great!

Cheers :)
  • michelle_chloe
    michelle_chloe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Michelle and I'm almost 24 years old. I am married and we have been together for ten years. We have a beautiful
    Thee year old daughter named chloe. I have lost 27lbs in 5 months and plan to lose 15-20 more. This
    Group is perfect for me because my birthday is June second and I wanted to go hard at the gym this month
    To be looking my best :) my goal this month will be minimum 16,000 but 21,000 would be amazing.
    Have fun everyone! Good luck
  • pamillaje
    Options
    Hey all!
    My name is Pam, I am 26 and a mom of 2 (2.5 and 4 months old). I love to run and just got my new double Bob in the mail on Friday and im ready to break it in! My goal for the month will be 3200 calories (16000??? How is that possible!?)
  • erinprattavila
    erinprattavila Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am so excited to join my first group on MFP! I am a 44 yr old mother of three. (21, 19, 18) I have been using MFP since the end of February and I love the app. It definitely keeps me honest with what I choose to eat. Owning the calories is a new concept for me. I am excited about tracking my calories burned to see how many I could possibly burn in a month. Im not sure what to estimate as a goal for me, guess I will start with 14,000. This may be ambitious but it will motivate me to keep going when I go to the gym. Good luck everyone, happy burning!!
  • ashleyeliz25
    ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone will get to see this post!

It has been such a great day meeting you all and learning about you and your goals. Making this group has been the best decision ever! I am so pumped that we have all connected and committed to the May Challenge! I seriously did not think so many wonderful people would be interested in participating in something I put together...but I am thrilled!!! Everyone's goals sound great. PLEASE make sure you are not pushing yourself too hard/jumping up your calories burned significantly...we definitely do not want any injuries!!

For the few who have asked how 16,000 calories in one month is possible: I generally burn 700-1,200 calories a workout so if I do it right, I should be able to hit 16,000 this month-hopefully! Plus, I am going to the beach for a week with my mom and grandma who are super strict about my weight, so I kind of HAVE to burn 16,000 calories haha.

If you have any questions, or need advice, or anything, please feel free to post a discussion in the group! I will do my best to assist you, but I encourage other members to join in and share your thoughts!!

I look forward to supporting you all this next month!

--Ashley
  • jesantos
    jesantos Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey my name is Jess and I need some extra motivation to get back on track with eating well and working out. I just started a new job so i cut back on working out and also because I feel as if I am stuck on a plateau. I haven't seem much change on the scale or looking at the mirror. My goal is to lose the belly fat and big up my strength. Also need to find the extra energy, especially after leaving work.
  • tstina
    tstina Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Everybody. My name is Tina. I am married to my best friend and sweetheart Michael. We have 4 boys (17,7,6,&2). They are a bundle of energy. I recently joined MFP and am really enjoying how easy it is to use. I have a friend who is also leading a fitness challenge that I have joined but you can't go wrong with extra motivation. I am glad to be here. Thanks!
  • Midget58
    Midget58 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am Lurye - looking forward to my first challenge.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi there, great to *meet* you all :)

This is the first group I've ever joined; sounds like a great idea to get some extra motivation, so thank you for starting it!

Name's Luisa, am 29 and have gotten back into working out in the past few months after a couple of years having a very unhealthy lifestyle :/
    I started a double bill of weight lifting (via Chalean Extreme) and crazy cardio (via Insanity) 3 weeks ago. So I work out every day except for Sundays. So far, so good, though I'm considering doing a little bit of extra work on Tuesdays and Sundays at the gym (maybe using the elliptical, because it's the easiest and lowest impact on my joints... ) because I have the time to spare atm.
    I reckon being a part of this challenge will encourage me to push a bit harder. My goal is to get back to my teen years fitness level :)
    I want to aim for 14000-15000. Fingers crossed!!
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Hey! I'm Andrea, i'm 21, and i've been on MFP for about a month now ( although i made this account over a year ago, but just now really got into it )
    I just came across this group and thought it sounded pretty awesome and definitely wanted in on it! I'm in the middle of the 30 day shred challenge, and i'm doing the hunger games challenge, but i'm averaging about 5500 calories burnt a week. at this point i'm doing 30 day shred every morning, and using my elliptical at night, and after that i'm thinking i'll try p90. my big problem is i've recently discovered i'm having trouble meeting my calorie intake everyday, so theres another new challenge for me!
    looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    Options
    What a beautiful group of motivated Ladies! Ashley, thank you for creating this challenge. You're a star!

My name is Dalia and I'm looking to get my body is shape before getting pregnant. I have about 8 kgs to lose. I only count my cardio workouts based on the data provided by MFP, the machines in the gym and Runtastic. I don't have a HRM so strength training (which I only do about 3-4 a week for 15-20min) will go unrecorded.

What do you rely on for counting your burned calories?

Let's get this started! Is it May yet? :)
  • superpoo
    superpoo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for doing this. I've been falling off the wagon way too many times and I'm glad I'm joining the group before it all starts.
    My name is Pooja and I'm 26 years old. My goal is to lose 2.5 kilos (5.5 lbs?) before the end of May. I'll be going to Venice with my Husband and want to wear a nice dress without looking like a teddy bear wrapped in a piece of pretty cloth.
    I've always been uncomfortable in my skin and this is my chance.
    I've been on and off MFP due to tough 6 months last year. But now, I finally have time for myself and want to concentrate on getting healthy.
    I have a gym membership with Zumba, Yoga lessons. I haven't been to even one of those classes because I'm so conscious about my bad shape and the girls there look so beautiful. But I will make it soon!

TL; DR - Been on and off weight loss, hope to lose 2.5 kilos by May.

Feel free to add me. I could use any motivation I can get.

Stay strong!

P