Introduction :)

Options

Replies

• emi11jun
    emi11jun Posts: 1
    Options
    Morning!

I'm Emily and I'm 26 y/o... I started using MFP, religiously, about one year ago and successfully lost 24 lbs. with watching my intake and yoga. I'm an ER nurse, so I am on my feet every 12-hour shift...all shift. And I'm (as of Saturday) a yoga teacher that needs to complete many, many hours to solidify my certification!

Now, my weight loss number has been shrinking (and physical weight increasing) -- after a 10-day vacation where I (obviously) didn't watch my eating, or drinking habits... and most definitely did not exercise. I need to get this *kitten* back on the bandwagon.

I have been over my allocated intake for weeks now... and my weekly exercise is so variable--depending on my work schedule and if I am exhausted after work or not... I'm going to say my goal is: 10,000/month. This is not including me walking over 9-10 miles in one shift (ick).

I was FINALLY at a point in my life where I FINALLY felt comfortable in my own skin. Now that I have gained that weight back... I'm desperately wanting to feel like Myself again. Thanks for making this challenge! Anyone add me if you want my rants via MFP. They're tame... most of the time! Xx
    Em
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Katie and a newbie here!
    I like to set myself mileage goals for each month by running, long walks,rowing, biking etc..
    So far this month I've covered 90.5m (of my 100mile aim) and burnt 9,685 calories (that's with some pilates and aqua fit) I'm aiming for more! (Of course)
    I'll aim for 15,000 calories burnt in May!
    Look forward to motivating people (feel free to give me a push) and reading progress from others :)
    x
  • bigred7764
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenn! I'm 24 and living in Shanghai, China. My first 10 months here I've had a grand old time... BUT I've neglected my workouts and healthy habits. Last week I booked at trip to go diving in the Philippines in June which means bikini!! eeek.

Today is my first day on the site and I was so excited to see the May Challenge. This is EXACTLY what I needed to see to get my butt into gear. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this.

If any of you would like to add me as a friend, I would love that. I'm hoping to commit to 5 workouts a week and find healthy delish new recipes to try.

Good luck everyone!
    Jenn
  • melissa_raie
    melissa_raie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Melissa. I joined MFP in January and have lost 33 pounds so far. I've hit a bit of a weight loss plateau that definitely coincides with dropping my work outs. I was doing 30DS and then switched to doing a C25K and hurt my ankle. I have a beach vacation planned for the end of May, so it's....Time to get moving again!!
  • hiskiddo
    hiskiddo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Sara. I am 30 years old and have two children. This is my first group and challenge and i am excited! I am shooting for 10,000 calories this month. I use to LOVE to exercise however over the past several months I have struggled with cardio but need to step it up asap, in June I will be participating in the Tough Mudder a 12 mile obstacle course and am scared out of my mind!

I tend to be a good intentions exerciser but lose confidence and focus quickly - really hoping this can help me prep more and get my butt in gear!
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Carla. I'm 43 and looking to drop 63 lbs.

I've been on MFP for 2 months now and my progress has been slow and painful...lol. Doing well with healthy eating choices but having difficulty staying motivated to exercise regularly. This group is just what I need and I look forward to working with everyone.

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Best Wishes,

Carla
  • jldoodles
    jldoodles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jessie. 21 from Canada, and on my way to become a healthier version of myself! I'm currently toning up and keeping up with clean eating. I'm very excited for this summer as I'm graduating from school and looking forward to begin a new chapter of my life with a better lifestyle. I'm curious to see everyone else's results/progress as well, and Im sure we will motivate each other :)

I'm aiming to burn 2500 calories a week! Cheers
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm Mary, 31 from a small town in Ontario Canada. I've been slowly working on getting myself in shape since last summer, gotten halfway to my goal and hope to get rid of the last half of the excess weight before this year is up.

My goal for May is going to be 20,000 calories burned. The beginning of the month I will be burning 1,000 to 1,500 a day as I am training for a Tough Mudder on May 11 and all the results that I have seen is that event will burn slightly over 3,000 calories...won't be as hard core the rest of the month, but this will give me motivation to not rest too long and keep up the progress that I have made.

Good Luck Everyone!
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Howdy group :) I'm 29 years old and recently rejoined MFP to get my butt in gear. My husband and I want to begin to try to get pregnant to have children within about two years and my main goal is to be 100% healthy and fit and living a healthy lifestyle to be able to have a healthy pregnancy. I had about 55lbs to lose when I started tracking on MFP and still have about 47 to go. I want to be in a healthy BMI. I checked my past 30 day calorie log and it looks like I got in the neighborhood of 10,000 calories burned. So for the challenge, I am setting my goal at 12,000 for the month of May to strive for that 20% increase in calorie burn.

Looking forward to this! The last 'challenge' group I was in kind of fizzled out and it ended up being me and two other people actually logging our progress.

Let's do this :happy:
  • OldTrixieFrench
    OldTrixieFrench Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am so thrilled to work together with all of you and work towards a common goal of being healthier and conscious of weight. My name is Jennifer, I am 29 and i have an addiction to haribo gummie bears :) i have given up candy and alcohol for the next 2 weeks and its been 2 so far to help burn some extra pounds off an eliminate the unnecessary calories. I will certainly have my ups and downs but i know i can reach my goal. Slow and steady wins the race. I have lost 13 pounds and i would like 10 more. With this challenge i know we can all keep each other motivated and with any needed kicks in the butt. I am aiming for 9800 calories for the month of May. I know i can do it! CANT WAIT FOR THIS CHALLENGE!!!!
  • ktownchik2005
    ktownchik2005 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll, my names Leah. I'm married with two kids and a stay at home mom. Lots of time on my hands lol. I'm trying to set a better example for my kids and my husband as I want to live a long healthy life and I want the same for them:) My goal is 15000-20000 calories for the month of may. Let's see if I can do it;)
  • vbailey12
    vbailey12 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to join this challenge with you!

I'm 25 years old and my overall goal at MFP is to lose 100 lbs. I started out great but, as you all know, new motivation is always needed. So in trying to stay committed I decided to join some MFP groups!

I always enjoy my workouts and I always feel really good after but starting a workout is tough. I'm hoping that this group will get me back into exercising. I found that MFP's calorie counter isn't always accurate and that in a typical workout for me I burn an average of 300 calories (at some point I'm going to invest in a calorie counter). So at 300 calories a day, 5 days a week and 4 weeks in a month my goal for this May Challenge is to burn a total of 6000 calories. I'm confident that I will burn more than this, but I'm starting gently just to build that habit of working out more often.

Looking forward to it!
    :-)
  • Ruthy2007
    Ruthy2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in guys! Accountability accountability accountability! Feel free to add me on here! This should be fun!
  • debbiemcclelland50
    Options
    Hi, I am Debbie. I am using my fitness pal to keep my weight under 10st and have succeeded since xmas to do so. I am currently training everyday as part of the 5x50 challenge where you have to walk,run, cycle 5k everyday for 50 days. Today is day 25 and I have cycled 160k and run 112k so 272k in total. I feel great and strong but as this challenge finishes 19 may I wanted to join another group to have a new goal.

This looks like a good place to start. I have no idea how much I burn a month and look forward to setting a target once I know Aprils total.
  • thinkitworkit
    thinkitworkit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Casey! I'm a stay at home momma to 7 year old twin girls and a 5 year old boy!

I have been an off and on exerciser and healthy eater. I decided to make the commitment at the end of January to lose the weight and get healthy once and for all, not just for me but for my family too! I have been working out 5-6x a week for the last 2 1/2 months and have lost 6 lbs. Slow start because I started gaining muscle before I lost the weight, but I have lost several inches over all. I plan on making May a good month.

I would like to burn at least 10,000 calories for the month.
  • KimK2831
    KimK2831 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is KIm I am 48 years old. Would like to join the clallenge. Love Yoga, walking (not a lot of running due to arthritis) Zumba and am going to try Belly Dancing. Its gotta be fun or Im NOT motivated:smile::wink:
  • ddmonroe
    ddmonroe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Dawn and I'm 41. My goal for May is to start getting some consistent calories burned from exercise. I fell off the exercise wagon and it's killing me! I feel it everywhere not just the scale. So my commitment is five days of calorie burning exercise. I will start by walking at lunch now that the weather is getting nice.
  • Nai280
    Nai280 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my name is JaNai good luck everyone
  • ashleyeliz25
    ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I am so excited to have you all join us!! Please refer to the FAQ if you have any questions, and feel free to contact me if the FAQ section does not answer your question!

I look forward to supporting you all!!!
  • lemonhead66
    lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What a great group already! I'm Jennifer, I'm 47 years old and have 4 kids (22,17,7 and 4). This is going to be great for me to be accountable and push myself beyond my comfort zone. I am currently averaging about 2400 workout calories a week, so I think I am going to try for 11,000 - 15,000 for the month of May. Good luck to you all!