What are your hobbies?!

Options
Tuesday4422
Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
All of us are full of surprises and interesting facts...Let's share!!!

I love to crochet!! I like to make all sorts of things like purses, stuffed animals, blankets, scarfs, slippers, coffee mug cozies, etc. I love love love it. It's wonderful to sit down on the couch after a long days work/cleaning and make something for someone. I taught myself when I was 19. I had just moved into my first apartment and was boooored. So I went to Wal-mart, bought a hook, yarn and a How To book and I've been crocheting every since. :):)

I also love to read. :)

Replies

• strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I read quite a bit. Yes books, but mostly essays and articles. Particularly on economics and, to a much lesser degree, political philosophy. I play the occasional video game, watch a handful of TV shows and a movie here and there.

So yeah. In short, I'm a real party animal. ;)
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Right now I am mostly doing "Flame Working" (melting glass rod to make beads), but I also do stained glass, knitting, weaving and spinning, leather working, and I made quilts when my kids were younger. I like to paint furniture and I read also but mostly it's textbook style to learn how to do something :) I work on my own cars and home improvement projects.... gosh, i'm tired, I think I need a nap :)
  • Tuesday4422
    Options
    That is sooo cool!!!!
  • Tuesday4422
    Options
    LOL! I get it...I'm a home-body too. :)
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like to read.

I am a photographer.. so not really a hobby as it's my job.. but it's a pretty great job :)
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I like to sew. Actually I am learning to sew. I have successfully made a few dresses for my daughter. I'll call that a success since I can follow a pattern. I also love to read and watch tv. I guess I can call going to the gym a hobby too because I do like to do that.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love to read, crochet, knit, sew and sleep! I don't watch tv and I don't like to hang out on the weekends..lol I am a social loner.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I camp, hike, bike, martial arts, waterski.. and now crossfit..
    and per my name, I love to fly around in a cessna.
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh and camping! How could I forget camping. :)
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I'm currently working on two Masters degrees, so school is my only hobby as of late. : ) When I'm not in school, I love to read. I also plan on starting to play bass guitar again after I'm out of school.

I also Crossfit regularly (I LOVE it).
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Dog trainer as a hobby/side job. :-)
  • completebeginnings
    completebeginnings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a homebirth midwife and a homeschooling mother of 4 so that pretty much takes up all of my time. :) I also love to garden and grow my own food, walk, hike and camp. I am learning how to crochet.I love to bake which is a problem eating Primal. I read a lot. Usually 1,000-2,000 pages per month.I would like to work poetry writing and playing guitar back into my regular activities. I need to watch less Netfix. I had a few years of poor health and developed bad habits of watching too much tv, a couple of hours before bed every night, which is funny since I went almost 10 years with out watching any.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I love to bake which is a problem eating Primal.

Before I went gluten-free, I was the one who brought home-made cookies to work every Friday.

I read a lot and have a mild Assassin's Creed addiction (Xbox 360 game). I need to do more sewing, camping, and hiking.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just dug my spinning wheel out again for winter and bought myself a loom. Passionate organic gardener - I have 250 square metres of vege garden. Not really a hobby but I also enjoy scything - mowing at dawn when the world is waking up and the sun is rising is pure magic. Study tends to take up a lot of time - currently doing law papers, contemplating my Masters in Anthropology and about to do a Esol/Tefl course so I can teach overseas next year.
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a professional Radio Controlled truck racer. I am sponsored by COW RC and ZRP Racing. I have my own organization and we are dedicated to Replica Monster Jam racing. I am also the Secretary for the Michigan Chapter of Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy - FSMA. My son has this disease and is now attending college so I thought I might be able to help more families out and help them get their children to the point my son is at.

Other than that I like Thrash Metal music and have always been a life long music fan. Music is a huge part of my life. It has helped me get through the good and bad times alike.

I enjoy playing with my kids. I have 3 and our RC club is a family project. My oldest boy helps with the website, forum and all graphic material and my two youngest race with me.
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    I LOVE to take pictures and document everything that goes on in my life so that has lead me to scrapbooking! My newest, most favoritest, funnest thing to do!!!!! hahaha! I know those aren't really words but I needed to get my point across :laugh:
  • wibamagirl
    wibamagirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We bought a trike last year and when he's home off the road we go on little trips.This year is Yellowstone.I also like gardening,bought fruit trees,berry bushes to suppiment my veggie garden and new lifestyle.I read like a beaver loves wood.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Crossfit, crossfit, crossfit. Oh and I also love to read and I'm a huge horror movie nerd.
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to take pictures and document everything that goes on in my life so that has lead me to scrapbooking! My newest, most favoritest, funnest thing to do!!!!! hahaha! I know those aren't really words but I needed to get my point across :laugh:

They are most definitely words in MY book !!! hahahaha ! Use them all the time !!! (They are the bestest way ..to describe stuff !)

I love outdoorsy stuff like camping , hiking, walking, or being at the beach .. But I also love Reality TV or The Space Channel, and Making cards / Crafty stuff while watching the Reality TV .. lol
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    CrossFit, hot yoga, trying to learn how to cook, gardening and I guess finishing grad school.. :)