Started week 1!

Options
umachanxo
umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
Hi there!

I've just finished W1 D2. I am loving it so far... but my legs are killing me.

My husband agreed to do this with me! (2 years of weight loss, this is the FIRST time he's joined me in something lol). So I'm glad about that.

Anyone else just starting?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The first day is a major milestone so congratulations!!!

It looks like there are quite a few people starting right now. And there are a lot of people who are well in to the program, or who have graduated who are happy to give you advice and support in return for the inspiration you bring.

Happy running!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Great decision! Starting is the biggest challenge, once you are in it you will sure love it. I think it is normal that you feel your legs, it will get better. Don´t let it bother you. Great that your husband is joining you, so you can encourage each other.

Keep going! You can do it!
  • elisam81410
    Options
    I started on Sunday, doing w1d2 tonight. Loved it, and really liked that fact that I had someone telling me what to do-NOT leaving it up to me. Glad to have found these groups, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the app! :bigsmile: :love:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yes! I loved that I wasn't in charge - no convincing myself I couldn't do it. Just run a slowly as possible and let the app tell me when to stop. It's magical!
  • yoshiandyoda
    Options
    Hi! I just finished Week one Day two also! I got my boyfriend to join me this second time and it was so much fun! We are a little competitive but it keeps me from wanting to give up when I'm feeling tired. And yes, I can feel my leg muscles aching a little today but I like that feeling. Good luck to you!
  • I just finished W1D2 today as well. My wife is doing this with me. So, it works out well. It makes me more competitive.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did W1D2 yesterday. Day one was rough, my legs killed for two days, but day two I found to be much easier and my legs don't ache/jiggly feeling at all today! I am ready to keep going. I love the app I am using and have a playlist I listen to while doing it to keep me going.
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done to all you 5k newbies!! Keep up the good work :love:
  • tcs1012
    tcs1012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started week 1 day 1 today and we both miraculously survived. I am sooo out of shape and have never been a runner in my life so this ought to be interesting. We signed up for our first 5k in november so we have a lot of getting ready to do over the next several months. Would love to have more MFP friends for encouragement.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I started week 1 on Thursday. I couldn't do all the running, but I did my best. I did D2 yesterday and I did all the running!!! Day 3 tomorrow! I'm hoping D3 will seem a little easier.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Good job completing the runs, Ghlt and TCS!
  • waterfaeriegirl
    Options
    I just finished week 1! Once upon a time, I used to run regularly. I moved 4 years ago and just completely got out of the habit. It's so hard starting over. I feel good though. I promised myself if I stick with it for 2 weeks, I will buy new running shoes.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job re-starting, Waterfairiegirl!